Recent content by Jm66208

1. Jm66208

Bathroom Rough in ok?

I dont recall an AAV ever being acceptable on this forum.
  2. Jm66208

Bathroom Rough in ok?

Surprised to see the AAV acceptable vent.
  3. Jm66208

Remote thermostat for electric water heater.

Plumbing a carriage house that will get random use, and was thinking a remote thermostat for the water heater would avoid having to flip the breaker off/on each time it is being used. I know I've seen them before, but I cant seem to locate one. Not interested in anything WiFi, just a wall...
  4. Jm66208

Dual water heaters

Thanks for all the input. After searching for answers to this dilemma over several years, I've come to the conclusion that common hot water source servicing four separate units is simply a less than ideal setup. Each unit should have it's own water heater.
  5. Jm66208

Dual water heaters

IF the numbers are accurate, the option is intriguing. The flu is shared, so a horizontal vent is a must. That triples the cost. I just found out that my ford pickup has a computerized transmission that decided to downshift to first gear while at highway speed. The event was terrifying, and...
  6. Jm66208

Dual water heaters

Man, a condensing water heater means a whole new vent through the side of a stone building, plus all that cost & gambling on the small unit carries some risk of an unsatisfied customer. Plus, I am now married to a water heater with electronics. I'd likely refer that one to the big boys, who...
  7. Jm66208

Dual water heaters

This leads me to the point where the decision seems to be between two 40 gal 40kbtu tanks, plumbed in series, or one 80gal 75kbtu tank.
  8. Jm66208

Dual water heaters

"Professional" is a loosely defined term these days. The piping looks pretty symmetrical on the hot side, but one tank still is doing most of the work, through my observation. Could be something a small as a drop of solder inside one of the pipes causing the difference. "Exact" is like saying...
  9. Jm66208

Dual water heaters

If one craps out, I just go install a new one. I'll keep it the same if there is no "better" option.
  10. Jm66208

Dual water heaters

Hj, agree. This setup is like having an 80gal setup. The first in the series does most of the work, which isn't the end of the world. What I'd the first is set lower so it feeds the second with partially heated water, helping share the load between heaters?
  11. Jm66208

Dual water heaters

Yes, servicing 4 condominium apartments. City water. Not commercial. Tanks sit side by side and how originally plumbed when building was renovated in 90's. 1 bath per unit. 4 washing machines in building. No complaints with current setup. I'm just not a fan of parallel setup. Not a fan of...
  12. Jm66208

Dual water heaters

Checking for current opinions on dual water heaters. Parallel vs series. Replacing two 40 gal n/g heaters for 4 plex. Currently plumbed in parallel. I've monitored them & one is definately doing most of the work. I'd like to plumb the new ones in series, setting the first one at about...
  13. Jm66208

Hoffman valve on 2 pipe steam?

Can you elaborate on why this is wrong, so I can be informed when I contact the installer?
  14. Jm66208

Hoffman valve on 2 pipe steam?

I didnt think it was ok. I asked them if it is making noises and they said yes. Hammer... Condensate has to be collecting down by the valve. Should the valve be mounted at the top of the radiator?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks