Recent content by JKERN

1. JKERN

Where do I start? Filtering water

It does help with pressure drop in that you are actually increasing the time between initial placement of filter to completely loaded ready to change. For installation your inlets all plumbed to gether your outlets all plumbed together try to keep the manifold you build for this equal this...
  2. JKERN

Settings for our new Fleck 2510sxt 48,000 gr. softener w/ 1.5 cu' SST 60 resin

I do agree with Gary on the point that what we are speaking about is almost relative in terms the capacity at this point is uncalculable with out seeing what the raw water makeup is like. traditionally you get more capacity out of sst60 because of the shallow shell technology rather than...
  3. JKERN

Where do I start? Filtering water

Another solution my company has used in the past to achieve longer filter runs is to plumb 2 - 4.5x20 filters in parrallel so as 1 starts to loose a little flow it will go to the next filter this is pretty simple seein as how water always take the path of least resistance. and for particulate...
  4. JKERN

Ready to get a new softener

I would put it on like it says and go a little over hand tight and you should be fine. The only time I've ever had any trouble with these connections was when someone did not tighten them enough. Just do it like that picture showed tighten and call it good you should be ok.
  5. JKERN

Ready to get a new softener

The photo layout is the only way I've ever done it ot seen it done. The split in the ferrule would contradict giving a tight water proof seal don't you think?
  6. JKERN

I was just told $400.00 for resin?

How many cubic feet are they trying to sell you?
  7. JKERN

Types of water conditioning / softener

I agree with Alaska the Erie has it's place but for a diy'er you are gonna have a hard time finding parts just due to the fact that there are not a lot of erie people out there. As a dealer if you ever have to deal with the head company they are lets say less than interested in trying to help...
  8. JKERN

NuvoH2O Water Softener Systems, nuvo h2o

Yes since the last post I have pulled several of these things out of people's houses because they don't work. You can find a reasonable softener for around 1100 to 1500 dollars and do it right the first time.
  9. JKERN

LINX Evolution vs. traditional RO systems

If you are wanting a safe bet go with an ro that has a u v light after the outlet and that isi nsf approved so that you have the air gap to prevent back siphon. Looking at this machine i would be very carefull about purchasing. So many times in our industry companies like this come in and try to...
  10. JKERN

Hydrocare HC38 Thoughts???

Your right it's beaten till it's glue.
  11. JKERN

I do not need to inform myself on the hydrocare or any other type of these units. What this item is a gimmick and nothing more. When Cornell, M.I.T., or N.A.S.A. release studies showing these things work then I'll buy into it. But until then I'll keep dealing with pissed off customers that got...
  12. JKERN

Reverse osmosis systems

What you need to remmember unlike most other industries name is not everything in the water industry especially when it comes to under the sink point of use ro systems. What i would recommend to you is getting a 5 - stage system that uses cartridges that are 2.5 x 10 in size. You shouldn't need...
  13. JKERN

People can beat this thing to death but the fact is and it is a FACT that on the majority of situations these things do absolutly nothing. Most of the people that sell these things are predatory dealers at best not to mention for the cost of them you can up your dollar amount a bit and get a...
  14. JKERN

Help Deciding Best Way to Get Rid of Sulfur Smell. Iron filter or Chlorine? Other?

If you flush your entire water system the first time you bring the chlorinator online without installing your water softener then you will sanitize the system. After that instal your carbon and your softener then bring chlorinator back online the idea is that your killing anything before it gets...
  15. JKERN

30kgrain softener with Clack WS1 valve losing media out the drain

Having purchased from them before more than likely someone that assembled your valve just didn't pay attention, thats also why we quit purchasing equipment from them. You have a 3/4 cu3 softner and you just need to change your dlfc.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks