Recent content by jimithing78

1. J

Approximate cost to move bathtub drain/plumbing?

Because he wants an opportunity to get another "productive job"? I would actually have no problem paying one or two people to come give an estimate but I don't want to pay 6 people to give me an estimate. So that's why I'm trying to get an understanding of what's reasonable for a job like...
  2. J

Approximate cost to move bathtub drain/plumbing?

Hello, hope some of the pros can give me an idea of what it should cost to move some plumbing. Right now we have a standard sized tub in our master bath. Where it sits there's room for a garden tub and my wife would like to get one. Before we get into all this I'm trying to approximate the...
  3. J

Leaking tub spout

Hi, I'm installing a new spout in my tub/shower and the spout is leaking water along the wall. I tried putting some plumbers putty around the base and of course that's not stopping it. Any common reasons for it to leak? It's a Kohler Forte and I have a non-threaded copper pipe coming from the...
  4. J

Installing a new flange

Ok, I'm going to have a licensed plumber come out and have a look at it. Breaking the slab is not something I want to do myself. So this lead pipe leads to what? A non-lead drain pipe for the house? will the concrete breaking be limited to the bathroom? ballpark cost anyone? thanks for...
  5. J

Installing a new flange

Thanks for the links Frenchie. The deep flange pictured in one of those threads was the same kind I saw at home depot. I copied it here so you guys could see without opening those other threads. So if I were to go with that method, should I use a PVC or cast iron flange? I know I can...
  6. J

Installing a new flange

Can you guys give me a ball park of what it would cost a plumber to do this? I'm sure it varies by region, but really just a ball park. We're already running over budget here. What would the alternative be?
  7. J

Installing a new flange

I recently removed a 30 year old toilet and with it came the flange that was supposed to be bolted to the ground. I guess it rusted to the point of not being physically held down by anything. So that left me with this hole in the ground: It's a 4 in pipe installed in a slab foundation. I'm...
  8. J

What's the difference between these valves?

Thanks for the help. I found the faucet she wanted online and I was trying to see how much it cost and the website forced me to pick one of those 4 valves before proceeding and I just didn't know which to pick. I poked around the forum a little and noticed that other people have the same...
  9. J

What's the difference between these valves?

Hi guys, let me start by telling you that I know very little about plumbing. Changing shower heads and replacing toilets is the extent of my knowledge. I'll be having this done by a professional plumber, I just want to have everything we need onsite ahead of time. I'm updating a 25 year old...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks