Recent content by Jim99

1. Jim99

New Hot Water tank Leak or Condensation? AO Smith GCV 50 300 ProMax

Thank you for your post Mark. You do offer a good warranty. I wish we had that type of warranty offered in our area, hard to find. My total cost including the re install and minus the AO Smith refund is approx what you charge. The heater is not in my Laundry room, it's in the furnace room so no...
  2. Jim99

Well shame on AO Smith. They would not cover the full re install of $184 for their defective heater that leaked from day 1. They are sending me a check for $100, the max they claim their COMPANY POLICY will pay. Pitifull, Strike AO Smith off your list of good water heaters. And... SHAME...
  3. Jim99

I fully understand that many contractors price in the possibility of a warranty replacement into their total contract price. Still doesn't answer the question I asked, whats the typical contract price to supply and install a 50 Gal AO Smith heater?
  4. Jim99

Mark, thank you for your comments. What do you charge to install an AO Smith GCV 50 300? What is your hourly rate? Thanks
  5. Jim99

I don't believe the Plumber screwed me, he is a good worker, reasonable rates and there was nothing wrong with his install. AO Smiths Quality control department is responsible for shipping a defective tank that leaked immediatly upon installation. I have contacted AO Smith, there is indeed a...
  6. Jim99

Plumber replaced the water heater today, insisted on $185 labor charge.. No leaks on new tank. I have emailed AO Smith for a refund of the labor charge. I can't blame the plumber the AO Smith Tank was defective and leaked from the get go 18 days ago.
  7. Jim99

Tank is leaking again. It appears having water pressure and hot water in the tank resulted in the leak starting again.
  8. Jim99

Update: We left home for a week, before leaving we shut off water to tank, shut off burner and gas. When we returned today, no water under the tank. Fired up the heater and now we will see if it any water leaks. The water heater is in the same small room as the furnace and was a constant 66...
  9. Jim99

The tank has been in and hot for over 10 days now and is still leaking. I think the plumber is hoping any holes or weld defects in the inner tank lime over and seal the leaks. I have no confidence in that approach.
  10. Jim99

I still don't know what is causing the small leak. I did try the smoke test and the flue draws well, no visible condensation in the hood on top of the heater. I will wait another week or 2 to see if the leak dissapears and if not will call the plumber who installed it back. Thanks to all who...
  11. Jim99

Thanks Hackney, When you say condensate are you referring to the Flue condensate from the burner gas or condensation on the exterior of the inner water tank? Is this going to rust out my tank prematurely?
  12. Jim99

Hi, I had an AO Smith GCV 50 300 ProMax 50 gal gas water heater installed last weekend. There appears to be a minor leak under the bottom lip on the back side of the tank opposite the burner. Plumber returned mid week and explained it was condensation between the inner tank and the insulation...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks