Recent content by jim pipe

1. jim pipe

Bathroom remodel- designed to CA 2019 plumbing code?

I didn’t get a test ball yet, but like the Cherne as Wayne suggested. Is the advantage of a wye vs c/o tee less turbulence created at stack? I have the room, but would prefer to hide in the wall any way. The inspector didn’t give me guidance, but seemed to suggest the test tee was only for...
  2. jim pipe

I’m glad Wayne mentioned the shower was wet vented in my drawing and the dfu difference. Another thing I should have mentioned was the shower will have 3 heads, so 4 dfu and with the double lav exceeding that limit on wet. I’m going to run a dry vent right after shower wye, by rolling wye at...
  3. jim pipe

Thanks Jeff, I look forward to sending pictures of some finished work!
  4. jim pipe

Thanks for looking at this Wayne! I should have said in my original post I’m working on 2x10 floor joist. Existing 3” runs below floor joist in drop ceiling, but my shower needs to be 8 inches higher to accommodate 2” ptrap and follow boring limits. My tub trap to vanity 2” is 7 ft, so got...
  5. jim pipe

I’m relocating every fixture for a remodel and wanted to run my plan by you fine folks to polk holes before the long weekend of fun. I’m hoping to limit the rework during inspection, but more importantly have good flow. I’m on the 2nd floor connecting directly to existing 3” stack. The current...
  6. jim pipe

HELP ME with this pipe size...

I’m not sure the OD, but it fits snugly into a 3/4” schedule 40 coupling. Safe to say 1.05. The grey pipe says 3/4”, so I would agree schedule 80 if the wall was thicker than the schedule 40 next to it on the picture. I would just use the coupling and move on, but it appears the black cement...
  7. jim pipe

HELP ME with this pipe size...

I have the same problem. I can’t identify the pipe to select fitting. 3/4 barb doesn’t contact inside of pipe, but 1 inch will require heating and expanding pipe by 3/16”. I’m concerned that will damage pipe integrity. Previous owner used black cement (abs?) to connect to pvc 40 (see blue primer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks