Recent content by Jim Bassuk

1. Jim Bassuk

Will reducing drop from wall valve to tub spout be an issue?

The printed instructions from Delta says 8-18" between a faucet valve and the tub spout when using a shower head and spout diverter. Can I shrink this distance to my liking since I've capped off the shower port on my faucet valve? (i.e. tub only, no shower). I've mocked things up so that my...
  2. Jim Bassuk

New install of acrylic Kohler 1121 seems unstable on its mortar

Update: My issue for this undermount tub install was solved by mixing up another bag of mortar and stuffing it under my tub, making sure that the four feet remained rested on the level floor. It would have been great if my plumber had used 2 bags instead of one. The use of one bag wasn't enough...
  3. Jim Bassuk

New install of acrylic Kohler 1121 seems unstable on its mortar

I am building a new undermount tub and have followed the relevant threads on this forum, which correctly point out that there are no specific guidelines about how to go about this. So I built a nice 2x6 frame such that the tub's lip will hover about 1 inch over the 2x6 frame. My thinking here...
  4. Jim Bassuk

Grohe Shower Faucet Cap Removal

While the 1/4 turn CCW worked for me, I am stumped on how to remove the plastic insert. I two identical Grohe 1-lever wall faucets and want to harvest parts from one to fix the other. This plastic insert provides leverage for the handle. There is a chrome "trim" piece that wraps around the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks