Recent content by jhaug

1. jhaug

Paint primer, can it be mixed?

I have 2 open containers of primer, one is dutchboy pva drywall primer(half can) and the other is dutchboy multipurpose primer(full can) both water based. Currently remodeling a bathrrom. Can I use these up in the same room? Can I mix them together? Not trying to be cheap just hate going to the...
  2. jhaug

soundproof walls

In the process of redoing my main bath. Its gutted to the studs, and I wanted to do something to dampen the sound. I don't have room to fur the walls with channel or go double sheetrock. I was thinking of cutting sound board to fit btwn studs then glue and caulk in place then add batten...
  3. jhaug

console sink install

No pins for the legs to the floor. Something like that could be fabricated I suppose. It seems odd that there isn't much info on a typical install of this type of sink.
  4. jhaug

console sink install

The sink is a pedestal, manufactured by sunrise specialty sanitary ware, and the legs that come with it are manufactured by regal sanitary ware. Bought it at george morlan plumbing. they said the sink just sits on the legs, and the weight holds them in place. That just doesn't seem right to me.
  5. jhaug

console sink install

Just bought a 32in wide nostalgia sink console with 2 front ceramic legs. The instructions only cover screwing the unit to the wall. Can't find any info online. Am I missing something here, or does the sink just sit on the legs with no attachment to keep them aligned? What steps do I take when...
  6. jhaug

hollow sound under self level compound

thanks for the info!
  7. jhaug

I used henrys 547 universal. I reread the instructions and don't see it calling for a primer. Anyway, the area poured is about 18 sq ft out of apx 80 sq ft, and will be primarily covered by a washer and dryer, if I use ditra, do you think I can get away with not removing the floor and repouring?
  8. jhaug

I'm installing a bathroom in my basement, about 1 month ago I put down henry self level compund to take some of the dips out of the concrete floor. I could be wrong, but I don't think it required a primer. Anyway, just today I noticed some hairline cracks, which lead to me tapping and noticing...
  9. jhaug

Plumbing test on new DWV pipes that vent into existing

Terry, I haven't glued up anything yet, I have an abs 2 way cleanout going to 4in CIB(old DWV), then from the new clean out the shower then the toilet. I was going to use the 2 way cleanout so that after the test I could extend it to finish floor and have an extra cleanout(instead of burying the...
  10. jhaug

when I put a test ball thru my cleanout to the old iron pipe all other openings plus the tee I put the ball thru have to be sealed, how do you get the test ball out without dumping the column of water used during the test. thanks for any input, i am stumped on this one and have been unable to...
  11. jhaug

I am doing a remodel in my basement, and I am putting in new drain lines under slab for a shower and toilet, the sink, because of location will drain into the 2in drain that my washer and utility sink use. because of the setup the drains will be vented in the existing vents which connect to the...
  12. jhaug

connecting shower and toilet drain

the toilet vents thru the main stack, so I am guessing that the new shower drain will also have to go into the main stack.
  13. jhaug

connecting shower and toilet drain

I am busting up some concrete to move a toilet drain, and was wandering if, while I have the concrete out, I can tie into the toilet drain line with a shower drain. This would make life a bit better, as it would keep me from having to bust up alot of concrete and changing out the main stack. thanks
  14. jhaug

shower drain in basement

basement shower venting Thanks, I figured as much on the 3in stack, but thought I'd ask anyway. As far as venting the shower, the washer and utility sink are vented with 2in pipe, shouldn't I be able to tie into that vent, since I would still be far below the fixture unit number for a 2in vent...
  15. jhaug

shower drain in basement

I'm doing a bathroom remodel in my basement, in which a toilet and sink were already plumbed. I want to add a shower. What are your thoughts on the sanishower? Personally, I like the idea of not busting up concrete, but at the same time, the sanishower seems kind of hokey. Does anyone have any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks