Recent content by jgv

1. jgv

Grouted in shower drain clogged up

Picture I took a picture and the camera gagged and threw up.
  2. jgv

you lead me to where no one should go... ... your suggestions worked great. I scored the grout and tapped a few times. What you didn't do for me was prepare me properly for what would be down there!!! I had to have my husband finish the job cause this aged hairball retrieval was not a...
  3. jgv

I'll try your suggestions... ... and let you know how it goes. Thanks.
  4. jgv

re-grout? If I got the drain screen out neatly, should I regrout? or is the mechanism leak free and the grout is for looks? thanks, jgv/pandora
  5. jgv

My shower is not draining fast enough lately. I suspect the issue is a large wad of my daughters long hair down in the drain. You may be able to see from the picture that the drainscreen is grouted in--removing the screws won't remove the screen. How do I go about getting this drain moving...
  6. jgv

Lower tiles in shower popping

negotiating with the tile guy How would a novice (me) convince the tile guy that a couple tiles pulling away and some grout flaking would require a tear out? I am assuming that because of the amount of work required and the pride involved that he would think/believe/hope that some repair would...
  7. jgv

John Bridge http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27192 I made my way over to John Bridge at the above link. Also posted pix. My hubby and I have been trying to learn--seems like the premixed stuff used to set the tile was a poor choice. None of the tiles have fully popped...
  8. jgv

Not actually "groutless" It's not actually groutless. I used a poor choice of words to try to explain that the grout lines are very small. Until I had this problem, I thought the less grout, the better--less room for water to get in.
  9. jgv

Tile guy The tile guy said he thought it was "grout release" and put some caulk over it. My husband is getting involved now and seems to have a better understanding (as you suggest) that it isn't my/our job to figure out how the pros manage their job.
  10. jgv

Hello Helpful People, I have recently had a low level bathroom remodel done (plumbing all stayed in the same place, really more of a redecorating). I am still suprised (I posted before) about how much I need to know about actually how to do the work in order to supervise professionals. My...
  11. jgv

Installing Shower Base

thanks guys I chose the more expensive, more professional plumber who rec mortar. I won't waste the server describing what a pain this portion of the project has been--I appreciate your help! jgv
  12. jgv

Installing Shower Base

I am choosing a pro plumber to install a Jacuzzi shower base in a 2nd floor remodel. Should I ask him to add a bag of mortar underneath the pan for extra stability? The spec's say if your floor is level, no mortar is necessary, but a couple of plumbers suggested that they throw a bag under...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks