Recent content by Jfharper

1. Jfharper

Is it ok to for a sub to pump directly into pressure tanks?

Update: Yesterday morning I climbed up there...it looks like the 6" plastic nipple is leaking just outside the threaded portion going into the storage tank outlet...so leaking on the smooth middle part of the nipple. This morning, after spraying some mud wasp nests and spraying some fire ants...
  2. Jfharper

So I'll empty pressure tanks, then air pressure to 18 psi, set cut in to 20 and cutout to 40 and see how it works. Right now I'm at 38 air pressure, and 40/60 on booster. I'm glad I started this thread...I forgot some of this stuff.
  3. Jfharper

My well guy just mentioned maybe reducing the air pressure in the tanks so the well pump doesnt hammer. Might do that. I think they are at 38 last I check which was prolly a few years ago. Will see.
  4. Jfharper

Thanks. Yeah, I will definitely be fixing the storage tank or replacing. I have to climb up there tomorrow morning and see whats what. It's about 25 feet on an extension ladder. Hopefully it is just the nipple screwed into the tank outlet, but I can't see clearly from the ground even using...
  5. Jfharper

You mean when someone is using the water? Make sure it doesn't take a couple minutes for the last few psi? If it does, I assume I set the cutout to less...maybe 38.
  6. Jfharper

Got it...thanks. We only have one shower. I'm assuming the gray values are the gpm at that lift/psi?
  7. Jfharper

Trying to determine if my new well pump has enough pressure...it is a Grundfos 16S05-5 with a MS402 motor. The sub sits at 80 feet and I think my water level is around 50 feet now that California has gotten rain flowing from the Sierra's. I believe these are the links (I don't know how to read...
  8. Jfharper

That has been on my "to get" list for about 5 years now. ;) Might be a good excuse to pull the trigger, just so I have $100 insurance. I thought they were $100...maybe I was wrong.
  9. Jfharper

Forgot to mention, the new sub I just installed is a 1/2 HP 16 GPM. I would think it would keep up, if we only run 1 shower at a time and offset laundry and dishwasher, which are new and more water efficient. But I understand what you are saying...I think when I water the grass, and have...
  10. Jfharper

From the image from this post: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/help-identify-pump-switch.75877/#post-557189 I'm assuming I would disconnect the black (C1) and white (L1) which are from my float switch, and connect a hot (when on) from my pressure switch to C1 . I believe this is...
  11. Jfharper

You know, I just looked at it, and think I might do that...it looks pretty easy. Basically, disconnect the booster pump from pressure switch and run a wire from one side of the pressure switch to the float relay switch.
  12. Jfharper

I'm assuming it is. But I thought I would ask if it was ok and what things to watch out for. The long story: Currently, my holding tank is leaking at the outlet. The holding tank is on a platform about 25 feet off the ground which make is challenging to work on. The leak is pretty bad, but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks