Recent content by Jessel

1. Jessel

Installing a laundry sink

There is a y fitting to branch off the 4" to 2" it puts the 2" branch horizontal. This was the original standpipe line. This is the pump. Been using it for a couple days and it does work. I don't know how it compares to anything else. It has an integral float device and theres an anti-backflow...
  2. Jessel

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the response sorry it took so long to get back to this. I had every intent on getting this project done quickly but it got shelved for a couple weeks. I didn't follow the advice completely out of fear of cutting into the 4" pipe. The attached pictures show the installation...
  3. Jessel

Hello, In my basement I have a washing machine that drains into a standpipe. The standpipe has a vent branch that uses a studor mechanical vent. I'm looking to install a basement sink with a utility sink pump. I'm looking at the type that does not need a vent. I would like to run the washing...
  4. Jessel

installing a furnace type whole house humidifier

I got the humidifier on Wednesday, not bad for free super saver shipping and an order placed on Sunday night! But it sat in the box until this afternoon. At this point I'm only partway through the install. I got the cutout in the hot air plenum and the unit is mounted, but I need to pick up a...
  5. Jessel

They do recommend this, it is in the manual. I will do this, only issue is that with my on demand hot water it takes two or three minutes to get hot water. The minimum to trigger hot water is 1gpm and I have a well that is rated for 5gpm. So, the humidifier won't get hot water unless some other...
  6. Jessel

I just ordered the aprilaire 600, the reviews on amazon were much better than the desertsprings. While I was seriously considering the desertsprings model the basic design looks good, however the price was higher. I would have wanted to get the autoflush (a separate item), and I'd need to get...
  7. Jessel

Hey all, Thanks for the responses. The desert air system looks like it would work, but I'm thinking that the aprilair 600 would too. I will let you know what I decide on, I'm really not sure at this point. I do plan to get something on order this evening, but I have some running around to do...
  8. Jessel

Hello, I'm feeling like I need a humdifier. The house has forced hot air, though I primarily heat with a wood stove. I've started looking around online and I see that there are two type of humidifiers out there: steam and evaporative. It looks like either type is available as an add-on to an...
  9. Jessel

Furnace has no fan relay, which makes it difficult to install HRV

Thanks for the help. The final installation is such that the fresh air line is connected to the return air line via a tee along the line that goes to a return register. This tee, I think, is enough that the pressure at the furnace blower is balanced. I don't have the means to test the...
  10. Jessel

I have connected the HRV per the attached schematic (so the fresh air is connected to the furnace return, and the exhaust line is connected to the appropriate bathroom register. This works to an extent, but not very well. When the bathroom door is closed there is basically no return line. It is...
  11. Jessel

Here is what I am trying to do. It seems like your're correct. I took another look at the furnace ductwork: the HRV fresh air to is connected to the return air line and the HRV exhaust air is connected to the hot air plenum. I think things will work without the furnace if I simply route...
  12. Jessel

Since installing a used furnace, my Fantech HRV unit does not function properly. The HRV unit is now routed through the furnace ductwork, the furnace however does not have a fan relay, so it wasn't intended to be used with an air conditioner (or in this case an HRV unit). furnace model is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks