Recent content by JerryMR

1. JerryMR

Issue with Aquia flush

The unflushed depth of the water in the tank is 7 1/4". Pushing either button lowers it by ~2 3/4". So no discernible difference. I suppose it's possible that the low flush is adjusted to the largest amount, if it can be as large as the large flush. But I haven't tried to measure the actual...
  2. JerryMR

Issue with Aquia flush

I had three Aquias installed about 4 or 5 months ago. Overall I'm very happy with them. However, they all suffer from the same issue, namely that more often than not, pushing the number 2 flush button only flushes the same amount as the other button. Occasionally it will flush the whole tank...
  3. JerryMR

Advice appreciated on appropriate toilet

We ended up getting the Aquia and have been using it for several weeks now. So far it's handled everything that's gone into it, and we're very happy. In fact, we ordered two more for the other two bathrooms. Thanks everyone for all the good advice and information. -Jerry
  4. JerryMR

Gotta have the gurgle. I think it's looking pretty likely we'll get the Aquia for the hall bath. It's really a shame the Maris is only available in white. We'll test out the Aquia before making decisions on the other two toilets. Thanks everyone for all the great info - truly helpful. -Jerry
  5. JerryMR

This is good info, wjcandee, although now I'm less certain about the Aquia :) I get the impression from things I've read that the Drake and Ultramax have a pseudo-dual-flush - is this correct? That is, you can hold the flusher for a long or short amount of time, and thereby cause an increased...
  6. JerryMR

Thanks for the info. We're now leaning toward the Aquia 2-piece. Also, we realized since there's some lag time between doing the different bathrooms, we can get one Aquia and essentially "try before we buy" the other two toilets.
  7. JerryMR

The Eljer is late 2000s, but the Kohler and the Gerber came with the house, which we bought about 10 years ago.
  8. JerryMR

OK, the blue one is a Gerber and only says W4. The Eljer says 1410230, and the Kohler says K4620CA. Below the K number, it says 14 97 086. I guess that's easier than posting pictures. :)
  9. JerryMR

It turns out the Maris is unacceptable, since we need something available in biscuit, and the Maris only comes in white. So if we use Toto, it would have to be the Aquia.
  10. JerryMR

I guess there's a photo limit. Here are the other two pics of the Eljer.
  11. JerryMR

I have a Kohler, an Eljer, and something blue. The first two pictures are the Kohler, the next two are the blue one, and the last three are the Eljer (the worst of the bunch). I think they're all 1.6 gallon.
  12. JerryMR

Good question - I will post existing toilet info tonight once I get home.
  13. JerryMR

Terry: those large traps on the Caromas look great. I have to check with the wife if the splashiness and poor cleaning is a deal breaker. One question on these: do the Caromas use standardized parts inside, or is it all custom? How much of a worry is it having to find replacement parts...
  14. JerryMR

I'm a homeowner and I'm having a bathroom remodel done right now and trying to figure out the right toilet to get. We have two main requirements: 1. Dual flush 2. Our 7 year old is disposed towards large, less soft poop, the sort which frequently requires plunging the existing toilet. So...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks