Recent content by jemimapuddleduck

1. jemimapuddleduck

Replacing Wash Machine Outlet Box

It's not flush with the floor. It sits down in a little bowl-shaped depression. I put a new, red plug in it. I've decided to let sleeping drains lie for now. Someday when I tile the floor in, I'll make some sort of fitted cover. I just don't have time or $$$ for it. Right now there is...
  2. jemimapuddleduck

Hair in the drain...

"Women don't seem to understand that there are pipes underneath the fixtures" Is this the new millennium??? :eek: If you must use the bathroom sink area to cut your hair, trim your beard or whatever, close the drain and cover the whole sink with lightly dampened paper towels. Any hair that...
  3. jemimapuddleduck

The plug for the floor drain is 1-1/2" with about a 4 inch metal collar. The wash machine drains into pipe in the wall outlet box. There is a sewer pipe outlet 8 inches up the wall in the corner. I'm beginning to think that the hole in the floor is a bit of a red herring. Our neighbor...
  4. jemimapuddleduck

mysterious black hole I cut the linoleum a bit more and found that the hole is perhaps some sort of drain. The corroded bolt was apparently part of a plug. Since this is the lower level, the hole is concrete and the surrounding ring is black metal. I found a new plug for it at the store. I...
  5. jemimapuddleduck

I finally own my own home after many years (a split-level) and am working on sprucing up, repairs, etc. My first project is the laundry room on the lower floor, but I keep finding nasty surprises for such a small space. Most I've been able to fix (trim, spackling, etc.), but 2 have me just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks