Recent content by Jeff Scott

1. Jeff Scott

New Water Service from Meter

Hi guys, I'd like your opinions on what type of pipe to use on my 400 ft run from the water meter to my tinyhouse. I've got 1 bath with utility room and kitchen sink. 6 fixtures total. The meter has a 1 inch poly pipe leader tied to it at the moment. I've considered black polyethylene pipe...
  2. Jeff Scott

New Water Service Line

Thanks Terry! That makes a lot of sense. I'm glad I checked with you fine folks before I installed anything. 1.5 it is then.
  3. Jeff Scott

New Water Service Line

Thanks for all for your help everyone. I'm going to visit the local plumbers supply store and do some research there too. I would agree that I need a larger pipe for the distance and the buildings they will serve. Thanks! Jeff
  4. Jeff Scott

New Water Service Line

Hi All, I have some acreage which I'm building a shop/apartment on. It will have 3 sinks, tub, toilet, washing machine and 40 gallon hot water heater. I'm going to have a 300 ft run from the meter to the shop with 2 yard hydrants teed off the main service line. My question is what size poly...
  5. Jeff Scott

Help with shower remodel

Thanks for the help guys. I want to replace the existing only because it shows signs of previous leakage and to me looks somewhat sloppy. I will forget the shut off valves as I don't see the value to them now. Thanks again!
  6. Jeff Scott

Help with shower remodel

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I'd like to ask for some help with a shower remodel I'm in the midst of. I plan to cut out all of the copper in the wet wall and replace with new copper and a new Delta shower valve, shower head, and diverter. Attached you can see pictures of the current...
  7. Jeff Scott

New shower install questions

Thanks for the reply. I would agree with you on all counts. I like the 1/4 turn stops but unfortunately the one I tried sweating a few weeks ago leaked immediately. I had the valve open but must have overheated it. I'm not a fan of compression fittings, but it seems many on here are. Maybe I'll...
  8. Jeff Scott

New shower install questions

Hey guys great forum here. I am installing a 32x60 tiled shower and just bought a Delta shower valve set that came with a tub diverter. Lately i've been seeing more showers that have the diverter installed in a shower situation on various DIY shows on tv. Anyone have an opinion on this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks