Recent content by jbfjr

1. J

Pump short cycles

Pump short cycles...Update Thought I would post an update on my short cycling problem; I replaced the old AVC-45 with the Sears AVC which is a clear plastic bowl with a check-ball valve in it. I opened the drain on the tank and after a while I removed the old AVC. Apparently the tank was...
  2. J

Pump short cycles

One more question, if I remove the AVC do I have to take any precautions so as not to lose prime on the pump?
  3. J

Pump short cycles

Thanks, guys. The volume control I have looks like the Brady AV100: http://store.waterpumpsupply.com/120galtaneca.html I'll try replacing it. The one I have at the other place is clear plastic with a float ball. It seems to work OK but is more susceptible to freezing and breaking...
  4. J

Pump short cycles

I used the term "feedback device" because I don't know the plumbing term. It's mounted on the side of the tank and has a tube that goes back to the pump/motor assembly, so I assume it tells the motor/pump when to turn on or off. How is the best way to get air into the tank once I drain it...
  5. J

Pump short cycles

I have a jet pump with an 80 gallon pressure tank, no bladder. The feedback device is all metal (at my other house it is clear plastic). It appears to have a slight leak on the feedback device since there is a lot of minerals and rust on it. The pump doesn't seem to be acting right, at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks