Recent content by jaydub2010

1. jaydub2010

Under window kitchen sink vent

so there are different types of AAV's? If the AAV is two way, how would you create the vent piping under a sink to keep gases from coming back up and out the AAV? Maybe I don't understand the AAV very well.
  2. jaydub2010

Kitchen sink venting height

The existing vent does run about that 6" above the top of the counter top. And if I understand you correctly (and I apologize in advance if I don't), but since my lowering of the horizontal run would be below the top of the sinks or "flood level" I can get away with lowering it as long as I use...
  3. jaydub2010

Kitchen sink venting height

So my situation is this..opening up a half wall on back side of kitchen sink. Want to lower the overall height of the existing half wall, which means we will need to lower the sink vent as well. The vent takes a 90 degree turn at roughly coutertop height. My question; is there a specific height...
  4. jaydub2010

Converting single bathroom sink to double sinks

Thanks! This site is a big help! And all the discussion are great!
  5. jaydub2010

Hey Terry, which do you think is the better way, using a fixture tee (as in the new construction photo) or doing the fixtures individually (as in the "green background" photo)? In the green background photo, you mention a distance of 42" is that from the sanitary tee's up or from wye to wye?
  6. jaydub2010

quick question on this subject.. doing some reno work on my parents main bathroom on the second floor of their 80's split level. Their main bathroom has a 72" vanity and is plumbed for one sink. They wanted to put a double sink in so I was going to open up the wall behind the vanity and see what...
  7. jaydub2010

double sink versus single sink

Thanks HJ, when you say 2" from the "connection" are you saying the P-trap under each sink should be 2" or the "connection " inside the wall. Haven't opened it up yet so I don't know what is there. My assumption is that it will be 1-1/2" but we'll see, its 1982 construction - so I'm fairly...
  8. jaydub2010

double sink versus single sink

was looking to expand my bathroom and get a bigger vanity with a double sink. Going to be taking down the wall and expose the plumbing and venting. When plumbing for a double sink do I need to have more than just the 1-1/2" ABS? for the drains? I imaging that I can have 1-1/2" from sink to the...
  9. jaydub2010

remodeling basement shower

going to be using a Lasco Bathware two piece unit. (sold at HD) Is that a solid enough pan? It sounds like the best move is to mix up some self leveling cement (SLC) and lay that down, then build the floor up from that?
  10. jaydub2010

there should be room. the shower pan will be sitting on a "raised" subfloor. that is, I am coming up off the cement slab 2-1/4" (1-1/2" + 3/4") to match the rest of the subfloor in the bathroom there. I know that the slab is a little uneven in the area under the shower. (debated about using a...
  11. jaydub2010

Thanks for the replies. I was planning on replacing it with a one piece pan ( no mortar bed etc). It appears that the damage is mainly just the threads of that stub out. The section of the galvanized pipe just below the threads is intact and not very damaged. I'll have to take a closer look at...
  12. jaydub2010

new to posting here. wanted to get some advice. I'm remodeling a shower in a basement. old fiberglass shower pan and subfloor removed. The drain is a galvanized pipe with about 2-3" exposed out of the concrete. The problem is, that the previous shower pan drain, was not connected very well and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks