Recent content by jay_wat

1. jay_wat

gap in seal of kitchen faucet faceplate

id use the putty around the sink holes,,,,and when the faucet is re-installed,,id use some clear dap around the base of the faucet. is that a 1 hole sink or 3 hole?? looks like it wasnt made for faucets with such a large base.
  2. jay_wat

Real Time Help: Pipe Compound with Compression Fittings

I use pipe dope on the threads only myself,,and don't feel bad,, no such thing as a stupid question!
  3. jay_wat

Kitchen faucet nut won't budge for removal

get the proper sized drill bit,,that will make quick work of it! good luck to ya!!
  4. jay_wat

more efficient water heaters?

yes,,newer models are much more efficient then the older models,, here is another brand to think about,if they sell in your area,and they also have a great accessory packages that make the units even more energy efficient http://www.bradfordwhite.com/
  5. jay_wat

Too much water damage?

id spray a 1 part bleach to 9 parts water on the area's that were wet before placing a fan up there,,let the solution have ample dwell time before you turn on the fan. before my plumbing career,,i did water/fire damage restoration work for many years.
  6. jay_wat

Sewer drain company has broken off its drain snake

i totally agree with HJ,, the customer called out the plumber,,who by all rights better be a good operator of the sewer machines,,, their issue,,their problem
  7. jay_wat

Five dead in Anacortes refinery explosion and fire

has been tough dealing with this again,, one of my close friends lost his dad 12 yrs ago there,, terrible loss in lives,,hopes and thoughts to those affected,,and hope for a recovery to those who make it.
  8. jay_wat

Cell Phone Reviews and comments

what are you looking for the phone to do?? i had a blackberry,,and just upgraded to an Android,,and i myself like all the features that comes with it. my wife just got a regular phone to talk and text,, they have so many differnt phones,,just depends what you like the phone to do.
  9. jay_wat

Clogging Gerber Toilets

i agree with Gary,, those toilets are a pain in the rear! if you get a toilet auger,,you will still have crappy toilets,,save yourself the pain and look into getting new toilets.
  10. jay_wat

Is It OK to Flush Cleaning Pads?

you wont catch a plumber flushing anything else besides Toilet Paper down the toilet!
  11. jay_wat

Happy Birthday Terry!

happy belated birthday Terry!!
  12. jay_wat

Colon Cancer update, the week at the U of W Hospital

hey Terry,, im glad to hear that your doing better! and btw,thanks for my sig,,good one since i am in the Valley! your site here rocks!!
  13. jay_wat

Replace entire assembly or its ok?

how much work do you want to get into?? me?? with the walls down,,id redo them all,, and if your just going to leave them,,thats your call of course! :)
  14. jay_wat

GE Refrigerator Ice Maker Water Supply Issue - sprays water into ice cube bin

call the appliance maker,,and get a tech is my suggestion
  15. jay_wat

Metal Flange with PVC Extension Kit

use brass screws,,and dont use the spacer kit,,,, install a wax ring with out the gasket over the toilet flange,,then use a large thick wax ring with gasket over that,,then install the toilet. fyi,, youve done this before,,and had a leak,,you can go ahead and do the flooring and such,,id...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks