Recent content by jasper7821

1. jasper7821

Rainbird solenoid help please, it says "manual 1/4 turn On/Off

I think my solenoid is bad, I unscrewed and took it off of the valve. I turned on the controller and walked back to the valve and just heard it buzzing. I tried to clean the blue screen and it just fell apart in my hand. I'm getting a new solenoid but what does the 1/4 manual on/off mean. Don't...
  2. jasper7821

Brand new Softener was working great not it's not. Any ideas

OK, I'm still trying to figure this out. I read the manual again and the only salt adjustable setting is the salt efficiency setting and it's either on or off. Default is on which says "at least 4k grains of hardness are removed per pound of salt. My softener is a 39k grain system so wouldn't...
  3. jasper7821

AWW CRAP, Just as I got happy I had to get brought down. I have to admit, the bypass valve fells kinda flimsy and I'm scared to be opening and closing it a several times a week. I don't think it was designed to be used that much. I can't afford the plumber but maybe in a few months when...
  4. jasper7821

WOW, I can't believe I didn't think of that. That's an awesome idea. Simple and easy and no extra work installing and paying for stuff. Thank you very much.
  5. jasper7821

Thank you very much for the reply. First off I finally got a hold of the water department about Iron and it's not listed on the test results because there's no Iron in Tucson's water so I'll set the softener back to 12gpg. My home was built in 2003 and there was no loop installed when built so...
  6. jasper7821

Thanks, I used potassium because the plumbing company that gave me a quote when I wanted to install a water softener wanted an extra $400 to plumb the back yard separately so softened water with salt wouldn't be used on the hose bib. They said to just use potassium and it's actually better for...
  7. jasper7821

Holy Cow Gary, thank you so very much for the explanation but I'm only a month new to water softeners and don't understand most of what you said. Sorry to be a dumb%$#. Is there a softener for dummies book? I'm using potassium since the softener goes to the backyard to water plants that are not...
  8. jasper7821

Best place to buy Hach 5-B hardness test kit

cheapest I found, I purchased from Hach directly for $30 including shipping.
  9. jasper7821

Great, thank you very much. I wish i would have gotten that instead of the Hanna gauge in the first place.
  10. jasper7821

Newbie question, irrigation not working correctly, system off but water still flowing

Great, thank you very much. Did a few minutes or testing and couldn't get the valve to move. I looked in control panel and there's only one valve for the entire house. it has three wires but the red wire isn't connected. Maybe it's supposed to be that way since the controller is a Hunter and the...
  11. jasper7821

My irrigation has been shut off for a week so no water being used there. Last night I tested everything again and watched the entire cycle and everything is working perfectly but the water still doesn't seem soft. I don't get it, it's going through all the cycles and doeing what's it's supposed...
  12. jasper7821

Sorry, I meant the city water is 15 gpg and I bumped it up a few for Iron so I have the softener set to 18 gpg. Also, since I didn't want to pay more to have the backyard plumbed for raw water I have the whole house using the softener and using Potassium, Hopefully that Hanna gauge gives the...
  13. jasper7821

Thanks, I tested it with strips when I installed it a few weeks ago and it was about the same as the Hanna meter is reading now which is 2.7 on the raw water. After I did the regeneration last night because I didn't feel soft water anymore and the Hanna gauge said 2.7 I'd think this morning I'd...
  14. jasper7821

Newbie question, irrigation not working correctly, system off but water still flowing

Thanks, is the little square manual screw supposed to be turned clockwise in off position normally and the solenoid is what automatically turns it on and off. If so, maybe it's turned on somehow when the guy was messing with it and there's nothing wrong with my system. have to check when I get...
  15. jasper7821

Sorry, I meant a pNa tester. The water feels pretty hard now. I bought that tester on Amazon thinking it would give me a really quick easy reading. The softener is a GE GXSF39E 39,000 grain. The water before the softener with the Hanna meter says 2.7 and after the softener was saying the exact...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks