Recent content by jasonnewyork

1. jasonnewyork

H/W Boiler High Pressure

Thanks Jim, I have the manual for the boiler, 20+ years old now, so will have to see if the list an acceptable range. The relief valve is 30psi so I worry that might pop one day but maybe I'm overreacting. The lever is NOT in the fast fill position. With it's current orientation, the lever...
  2. jasonnewyork

H/W Boiler High Pressure

My boiler is running at 20psi cold. I'm concerned this is too high. I'm using a bladder type expansion tank and Taco autofill valve (boiler feed). The convectors are cast iron radiations. The house is a 2 story cape with the boiler located in the basement. The fill valve is before the...
  3. jasonnewyork

Can Monoflow tees lie flat to floor joist or hang below

Conclusion I posted my conclusion to a previous thread. Thanks for everyone's help! https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?32675-Hot-Water-System-Dilema&p=264730
  4. jasonnewyork

Hot Water System Dilema

Conclusion I finally completed this project over the past weekend and wanted to follow-up with a conclusion as my experience may help others. I would also like to thank everyone who chimed in on this post as your suggestions/comments were very helpful. My final configuration was all copper...
  5. jasonnewyork

HJ - I brought up the topic of the spacing between the tees with the B&G rep and he said anything equal or greater than 6 pipe widths (6" in my case) is fine - didn't seem like it's an issue. I understand there is very lttle resistance in a straight run of pipe, but I read on heatinghelp.com...
  6. jasonnewyork

HJ - thanks for explaining the mechanics of a monoflow tee... I'm learning something new everyday. During the system design, I forwarded all this info to my B&G rep. He assured me everything will work as intended. Since I have cast iron radiators, the tees will be spaced the width of the...
  7. jasonnewyork

Thanks... I'm installing the pump on the feed side and the air eliminator, expansion tank, and water feed will be before the pump - just as you described. I think the pumps from the 30's had lower head plus air elimination was almost non-existant so installing the tees on an angle was...
  8. jasonnewyork

Wally took your advice and searched the heatinghelp.com forums on monoflow. I found a great link to B&G site that was basically a refresher course or crash course on how to install. I'll post link in case others need it. http://www.bellgossett.com/Press/BG-monoflo.asp They answered my...
  9. jasonnewyork

I've read heatinghlep.com backwards and forwards several times in the past year - that site is awesome. I have to check out the forum, never been in there. I hear you on the manifold setup but I wasn't happy about running 22 pipes to my boiler room. I'm finishing my basement and room was...
  10. jasonnewyork

Wally - please read my original post, link at top of page. The manifold setup was something I considered. I ruled it out because too complicated with pipes everywhere and difficult to equalize the flow to radaitors far and near the manifold. I think that setup works best with radaint. The...
  11. jasonnewyork

OK, thanks hj. I'm only using the monoflow loop above the main. The basement will be on a separate pumped zone with baseboards. They did give me parameters for the distance of the tees - 6x pipe diameter min between the tees and corners. In my case, I'm using 1" pipe, so tees spaced 6"...
  12. jasonnewyork

This is a followup post to an old thread of mine. Special thanks to hj and johnjh2o1 for steering me in the right direction. To make a long story short, I'm restoring a Monoflow system in my house. I contacted B&G and one of their engineering reps helped me calculate pipe size, pumps, etc. I...
  13. jasonnewyork

Hot Water System Dilema

I want to thank John and HJ for their help - I really appreciate their contribution to this forum. I felt I should post an update on this situation to share with the others my experience. After all, we are here to help each other. Since my last post, I had another licensed plumber come...
  14. jasonnewyork

Hot Water System Dilema

Can you guys take a look at this plan? Please let me know what you think. I'm going to recycle parts I already have so I only listed items that I need to purchase.
  15. jasonnewyork

Hot Water System Dilema

I'm one the fence here on what to do. One plumber came out this past Saturday, spent about an hour with me, and still waiting for a quote. I have another plumber coming out tonight. The first one has a large shop and came hightly recommended from a GC friend, so I would think he can...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks