Recent content by jasonlaronde

1. jasonlaronde

Can I use a cleanout for a toilet?

I'm assuming since it comes off the main line at a 45-degree angle that it is a Y and not a santee... Jay
  2. jasonlaronde

so try to visualize this... You can see an above layout from my other post to show you where the cleanout is in relation to the walls... The pic in this post is facing south... from the cleanout to the wall to the north is about 5 feet. What I'll do is break up the concret and go down...
  3. jasonlaronde

I would like to add a half bath to my soon-to-be finished basement. The main line runs about 18" under the slab with a cleanout coming up at about a 45-degree angle about 20" from the wall. (see attached layout...) The line runs at a slight angle under my basement slab towards the back of...
  4. jasonlaronde

Can I do this?

Updated: Can I do this? venting outside to the roof is not really an option... This will be the basement of a 2 1/2 storey house built in 1911 with a finished loft in the attic... Do you have any other recomendations for venting? Update: I pulled the cap to the cleanout tonight and...
  5. jasonlaronde

Can I do this?

This is how I'd like to layout my bathroom in my soon to be finished basement... Black is what I have now with grey showing the sewer line under the slab... Red is what I'd like to do... Any issues with that? Jay
  6. jasonlaronde

Basement Bathroom from Scratch

Perhaps you've all read my previous thread about perhaps craming a bathroom under the stairs... after some measuring, it's just not going to fit... So I figure I can put it at the bottom of the stairs... please forgive the picture as it is not to scale... there actually is enough room to...
  7. jasonlaronde

Basement Rough-In Advise

I'm just going to put the bathroom at the bottom of the stairs and hide the cleanout under the vanity... (Unless that's a no no) Jay
  8. jasonlaronde

Basement Rough-In Advise

This is what I figure I'd do... where would the toilet vent come off? (Instead if a cap on the Y, could I use a 3" to 1-1/2" threaded reducer and go straight ahead towards the sink under the slap and up and connect to the vent line above the sink behind the wall...???) would one of those...
  9. jasonlaronde

Basement Rough-In Advise

Called a plumber... Air Admittance Valves are code here with two flavors... $8 if I'm doing it myself or $30 for some fancy one if the inspector is paying a visit... I can save a little space under the toilet by using one of those Tees that I would put a screw cleanout on the end.... I...
  10. jasonlaronde

Basement Rough-In Advise

There was a laundry sink originally attached to the 2" capped tee near the floor that I mentioned before.... I pulled that sink out myself and it was never vented... Anyway... I think I have enough floor to work with... how do I vent the toilet? Do I need to use a 3" x 1-1/2" Tee and...
  11. jasonlaronde

Basement Rough-In Advise

I have an 1911 2-1/2 storey with an unfinished basement that my wife and I are in the process of maping a layout for finishing this winter. We'd like to build a small half bath under the stairs but have never roughed in a bathroom before. Done plenty of above grade plumbing before so I'm not...
  12. jasonlaronde

Plumbing exposed to extreme outdoor temps

About three feet of headroom... The hole is in the foundation hense my concerns for structure and my desire to close the hole back in... Plumbin is along the bottom of the main floor so I could insulate the floor and around the plumbing and just close it all off but with the bathroom being...
  13. jasonlaronde

Plumbing exposed to extreme outdoor temps

Here's the skinny.... The previous owners have given us a hell of a project to fix.... We have a 2 1/2 storey 1455 sq.ft. home built in 1911 that is your typical tall, narrow and long charichter home with a stone foundation... Sometime in the 1930's a 90 sq.ft. porch/addition was built...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks