Recent content by JamesB

1. JamesB

Will This Improve My Water Pressure?

Thanks jastori, thank-you for taking the time to analyze my particular plumbing situation and the two connection scenarios presented. I don't have much plumbing experience to draw upon so your well-reasoned response is much appreciated. I had convinced myself that since the cross-sectional...
  2. JamesB

Here's my theory. The previous homeowner had 6 children under one roof and I suspect he had a very miserly attitude toward his hot water bill. So it's possible a request was made to the plumber to intentionally restrict flow to the shower when the bathroom was undergoing renovation. This was...
  3. JamesB

Pipe Sizes All the pipe sizes mentioned in my posts refer to what I believe is I.D. The pipes were measured using a set of standard open-end wrenches. It took a 5/8" wrench to fit around what I'm calling a 1/2" pipe, and a 1/2" wrench to fit around what I'm calling the 3/8" pipe which leads...
  4. JamesB

Condensed Explanation of Plumbing Issue Thanks to those that replied. Here is a condensed version of my plumbing question. Any additional insights welcome. Which of the following scenarios would provide better water flow at a shower which is fed with two 3/8" copper pipes? The faucet...
  5. JamesB

Before I start cutting up pipes, would this idea improve my water pressure noticably? I have an older home with low water pressure in the second-floor shower on either hot or cold. Sink in same bath also has less flow than the downstairs fixtures. Flow is about 1.5 Gpm at either shower or...
  6. JamesB

Low Water Pressure in Shower/Tub - HELP!

Photo of Culprit Great idea. I think that method is definitely worth a try. In my case, there was a water shut-off right at the tub, so the hose faucet would have been operational. I have posted a picture of the "culprit" as an attachment. James B
  7. JamesB

Problem Solved! There must have been an obstruction within the shower faucet body. This is how it was resolved, for those that may have a similar problem. First, I removed the tub spout, and turned on both hot and cold water. While the water was running, I took a hammer and tapped the...
  8. JamesB

Thanks, Jim. I haven't seen the manufacturer's name printed anywhere on the faucet, so I'm not sure of the brand. UPDATE 1/8/05 - SHOWER HEAD IS LABELED "ALSON" AND MATCHES THE FAUCET DECOR. It is at least 3 years old. I am familiar with the screen on the aereator (bathroom sink), as that...
  9. JamesB

I am new to this forum, and to plumbing in general. I hope someone might have some insight into a problem that has me stymied! The water pressure in the shower/tub is very low. It takes 15 seconds to fill a 32oz glass with water from the tub spout (about 1 gallon per minute). The flow rate...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks