Recent content by jake0708

1. jake0708

Connecting Shower Drain to 4" Iron Pipe

That's the same thing the guy at the hardware store told me last night. I'll check the water level tonight when I get home. I was really hoping to avoid chipping up the floor, but it looks like I don't have a choice. I guess if I'm going to have to do that, maybe I'll move the drain a couple...
  2. jake0708

Awesome. I will go pick up a blade tonight and give it a shot. I can probably use that same blade to aid in removing the 2" block walls, correct? I appreciate the help.
  3. jake0708

Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what's going on because the floor is cemented and there is no access below. So, it sounds like at a minimum I have take up a portion of the floor to get the coupling on the pipe (or have a plumber investigate further). Can I chisel an area of the floor...
  4. jake0708

Thanks for the reply. Forgive my ignorance, but what are the proper fittings? Would it be acceptable to attach 4" pvc with a metal band to the cast iron, then attach a pvc reducer between the 4" pvc and the shower drain? Would the method with the rubber donut fail? It's not passing any...
  5. jake0708

Hello everyone, I am in the process of remodeling my bathroom. The existing shower had 2" concrete walls and a concrete floor with tile. The drain is just a 4" pipe. There is a trap below. What do I need to do to connect a standard shower drain to this. I would like to prevent breaking...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks