Recent content by Jacob Robinson

1. Jacob Robinson

Reassurance on Softener Choice

I am looking to get a softener for my house, I am on city water with an advertised hardness of 22 GPG. No iron or manganese to speak of. We are a family of 4 (2 babies) with 2.5 baths. Based on my water bill our largest usage has been 4000 gallons per month usually 3000 gallons; 133 gal/day x...
  2. Jacob Robinson

4 wire range to 3 wire receptacle

So if there is continuity between the neutral terminal and the chassis ground, then I DO NOT need to add a jumper. Is this correct?
  3. Jacob Robinson

4 wire range to 3 wire receptacle

I just got a hand me down Maytag range from a co-worker, model MER5765RAS. It came with a 4-wire cord, so I assume I can just wire the 3-wire cord from my old range to the new Maytag, with that said do I need to put a jumper from the neutral terminal to the chassis ground on the range, or just...
  4. Jacob Robinson

Soldering Troubles!!

I ended up getting some Oatey No. 95 Tinning Flux, IT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE, I soldered up about 25 fittings in the Hot/Cold run and hot not one bad joint. Maybe if I did it more oftern I could get the water based flux to work, but for now I'll stick with what is working for me...
  5. Jacob Robinson

Soldering Troubles!!

I haven't had a chance to go back and give it another whirl, but I was thinking that I would get some Oatey No. 95 tinning flux. The website says it will never burn out (I'm sure this is a relative statement, but it still has to burn off at a higher temp than the Lenox water soluble that I...
  6. Jacob Robinson

Soldering Troubles!!

All joints were fitted prior to any cleaning or fluxing. This is all brand new work except where I will tie into the old line. (hasn't been done yet, I was planning for that to be last fitting to sweat) I wondered if I did over heat the joint, but I am making sure that as soon as the solder...
  7. Jacob Robinson

Soldering Troubles!!

Tonight I was helping a friend add some plumbing to his basement that he is finishing, we dry fitted all pipes, and I started to solder some of them, it is not often that I sweat pipes but have never had any major trouble before. This time was a different story!! I started soldering the most...
  8. Jacob Robinson

Testing a New Bath in the Basment

It is copper, and it is not valved off from the rest of the house, where i am tying into the rest of the house will eventually be covered with drywall so I did not want to put a valve on then close it up. I am plumbing it all in opposite the flow of water, so that I can do all the fitting and...
  9. Jacob Robinson

Testing a New Bath in the Basment

I have added a new bathroom in the basement I am finishing and I was wondering when testing for leaks in the supply lines is it just as effective to do by turning water on, or should I take the time to build an adapter to be able to test with air? If air is the correct way will it work when the...
  10. Jacob Robinson

Shower Rough-In

Crossover never crossed my mind, in this situation there is no good place for shut-offs, as I do not want enclose valves within the wall. I guess I should trade the one I got with one with water-stops, I think those models have WS in the model number. Is there any other options for me...
  11. Jacob Robinson

Shower Rough-In

This is my fisrt post although I have been reading for reference on here for a while, Great Site! My question is: I am helping a friend add a bathroom in his basement and I have a couple things to ask/confirm. 1.) I am using Delta's Multi Choice R1000-UNBX and I was wondering in a shower only...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks