Recent content by jacktripper

1. J

Pump won't draw water

That sounds like the way to go. I've got it down to a slow leak now, but if it doesn't stop on it's own, that's what I'll do. Thanks!
  2. J

Pump won't draw water

Everything here is flexible black plastic - no brass in sight. The hose has a plastic ring/washer around it, then a female threaded black plastic cap goes on the end of the hose. The cap then threads onto a male plastic outlet on the pump itself. When you tighten the cap, it's supposed to put...
  3. J

Pump won't draw water

Yeah, it was air further back in the hose. I unscrewed the plug on top, plugged in the pump, then kept pouring water in the hole. Every so often it would shoot up like Old Faithful, but eventually I noticed the pressure needle going up, so I screwed the plug back in and the pump primed. Now I...
  4. J

Pump won't draw water

The pump is now closer to the well than it was before, and it's at the same elevation. I can let the pump run longer, but I'm concerned about the cumulative effect of multiple failed attempts. Also, the needle in the pressure gauge doesn't budge at all. In fact, if it wasn't for the little pin...
  5. J

Pump won't draw water

Okay, here's my situation.... I recently had to move the pump in my basement to another section of the basement to accommodate some home renovations. The pump worked fine, everything was okay, it was just in an awkward location. It's now in the laundry room, and in order to move it, of course...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks