Recent content by jackbombay

1. jackbombay

Pump related water hammer issue that has me baffled.

VICTORY IS MINE!!!!!! CSV is now installed (it took a bit for my schedule and my plumbers to line up). The CSV is set to 61 PSI, the cut in pressure of the pump is 51, cut out is 63, air bladder in pressure tank is at 50 PSI. When the pump turns on I now get a 2 PSI spike (before it was...
  2. jackbombay

I adjusted the pressure setting on my CSV and wanted to verify that it was set to 60 PSI (I turned the adjustment screw in 2 full turns, 720*) and settup the CSV like this, one gauge to measure pressure post CSV, and one before the CSV to check the supply pressure, I do seem to be getting a...
  3. jackbombay

Ok, my plumber will be here tomorrow morning, he is also installed the pump so he'll know if there are additional check valves in the system. I'll see how the system behaves with the CSV installed and go from there. 2 nights ago I was examining how a pressure wave would travel around...
  4. jackbombay

I built our house about 10 years ago and we recently built a garage with a 1 bedroom living space attached to the garage, here is how the well system is set up, The well is 120 feet deep, the driller hit water at 55' feet, and the pump is a 2HP franklin pump set at 100', the pressure...
  5. jackbombay

Cycle stop valve and flow inducer sleeve

While my plumber is here we will certainly be checking into the water hammer issue.
  6. jackbombay

Great, I won't need a flow sleeve then, I just called the well driller who drilled the well and they looked up my well in their records and the well casing is not perforated, it is as you say a "rock well open-ended". Thanks a bunch for the info and correction on the pressure at 8', I guess...
  7. jackbombay

Hello, I would like to add a CSV to my existing well system, because of the layout of the system I need to install a CSV1W just below my pitless adapter in my well so installation and removal is not all that simple so if the pump needs to come out for a flow sleeve I want to only open the well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks