Recent content by ivan2009

1. ivan2009

Duravit Metro flush valve leak

Typically, no. They recommend not using silicone grease or any other lubricants when installing bulkheads because such materials can cause the rubber gasket to squish or scoot and create an uneven seating. Tight is good, but within reason -- the issue being that overly tight can stress glass...
  2. ivan2009

Actually, changing just the flapper wouldln't have made any difference, given that the same problem persists after a wholesale replacement of the flush valve + flapper. But you are right -- that would've saved me $20 or so. Also, I did confirm that the refill hose is mounted properly and is...
  3. ivan2009

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I can try going tighter with the entire mount, but my experience with reef aquarium plumbing is that tighter (beyond some point) isn't necessarily better when it comes to gaskets and sufficiently good seals. The one thing on this part is that the seal made...
  4. ivan2009

Hi everyone. I have an 8 year old Duravit Metro, and right now every 5 minutes or so the water level drops a tad (like 1 cm or so) and triggers the tank to refill back to the fill line. Suspecting that this was a flush valve issue, I purchased and installed a new one (Flush valve 2" for Metro...
  5. ivan2009

Repair fill valve in Duravit Metro? B3800E

Thanks for the suggestion. I bought a FluidMaster 400A and installed it without any problem. I did need to sand away a bit of build up in the tank so that the shank washer would form a true seal.
  6. ivan2009

Repair fill valve in Duravit Metro? B3800E

My 3 year-old Duravit Metro moans during refill after each flush. The sound and vibration is definitely coming from the fill valve. This toilet appears to use a WDI B3800E fill valve. Is it possible to replace the O-ring in that valve, assuming that it is the source of the problem, or must a new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks