Recent content by itmyfault

1. itmyfault

bathroom layout right or wrong pics included

I would like to thank everyone for commenting on my plumbing work. The inspector was here Thursday and signed off on everything. He said they usually hate dealing with homeowners that do their own work because usually the most basic of things get messed up. Then again in my town the same...
  2. itmyfault

ok here is my final revised plain for the shower drain. How does this look?
  3. itmyfault

ok here is my final revised plain for the shower drain. How does this look?
  4. itmyfault

Any advantages to inside or out? I guess should the flange every break it would be easier to replace??? Aren't we all??!! Some just more than others!
  5. itmyfault

I am trying to get a layout for my shower line.
  6. itmyfault

I wanted to get some thoughts on my next connection layout before I glue it all together. I want this to work well AND be up to code. After digging everything up what I found was slightly different to what the builder told me. The code official told me to remember 2 main things. 1. Don't...
  7. itmyfault

Here is the proposed shower drain layout
  8. itmyfault

Thank you all for taking the time to give input on my "while we're at project." This is part 1 of the rough in. I now have a bathtub and separate shower to run pipe for. I will post the pics of that work when I get it put together. Billy
  9. itmyfault

Thanks Terry I appreciate your thumbs up. I tend to research stuff to death according to my wife. I spend countless hours on the internet and reading books. I then spent an afternoon at the code enforcement office going over things with the inspector. I wanted to do it once and do it right. The...
  10. itmyfault

Hey everyone I am working on remodeling our bathroom. I have spent the last few days getting the first part of the drain lines relocated. I wanted to get some input on how I am doing so far. I have been reading the UPC 2006 code book which is the code for my city. I know I got a little carried...
  11. itmyfault

How does my planned layout look

Thanks for responding. My plan was to connect new lav line to extended toilet line using a 3x3x2 wye. Does this fitting have to be installed at 45 or simply connect together maintaining the 1/4 drop? The shower branch I was going to connect to the old lav line using a 2x combo or wye pointing...
  12. itmyfault

How does my planned layout look

Hi everyone. First I would like to say this forum has been so much help. I have been working on a bathroom remodel for some time now. I finally got all the demo work finished. I am now at the point the plumbing needs to be relocated. Here is the goal of the remodel. I am putting a bigger tub...
  13. itmyfault

plumbing layout for remodel

Maybe someone on here would be willing to tell me if I am even on the right track. Nothing is started. Nothing is finalized. This is the planning phase. Getting ducks in a row. You know information. :rolleyes: I am just the kind of person that plans and plans (builds things in my head) a...
  14. itmyfault

the reason I posted here is to get advice on how "you" would do it. I have a plan I drew up. I will post it here and see if I am on the right track.
  15. itmyfault

I have grown up with construction all around me. My entire family did everything themselves. I had lots of family and friends that were willing to show me how things should be done. I have personally completed many projects. All the houses we have lived in were renovated or built by us...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks