Recent content by ironspider

1. ironspider

3 recessed lights, switch at end?

Greetings all, I have been having a hell of a day trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with wiring these three recessed lights I installed today. Basically I have power coming in at the third can via 14/2. Then I have a 14/3 between that third can and the second can, another 14/3 between...
  2. ironspider

"Loose" tandem CH breaker

Greetings all, we have a Cutler-Hammer 200AMP service panel that is model# CH42B200K. I need to insert a 240v line for a steam shower so I bought a 15amp tandem breaker to combine 2 existing 15amp breakers down into 1, thus freeing up 2 slots next to each other where I can put the new...
  3. ironspider

Do I need primer for this self-leveling operation?

Hey all, So my wife and I are finally about to get on with putting down our floating floor (some Wicander's CorkComfort) but we have an area 4" wide where the subfloor ends before it hits the bottom plate of a new wall we've framed out on the 1st floor of our house (above the conditioned...
  4. ironspider

Replace radiators with electric in basement remodel? Or re-route? or other?

Yep, he still has the covers. So is the best play here to just "bumpout" the vertical pipes so that they run in the stud cavities? (so on the outside of the XPS [so foundation wall>XPS> stud cavity containing water pipe]) and then just temporarily stub out the bottoms, build the wall, then...
  5. ironspider

Replace radiators with electric in basement remodel? Or re-route? or other?

Greetings all! Okay, so I'm helping my brother in his recently purchased home and he wants to finish his basement. I got some awesome confirmation of the best way to accomplish this in another thread which is no surprise since everything I've ever asked here has been answered :) So, the...
  6. ironspider

XPS, is 1" enough?

Greetings all, my brother recently bought a house and the basement has basically 2x2 walls everywhere. When we removed the fake wood paneling, there is nothing under it except a 6mil vapor barrier tacked to the 2x2 "studs". So I've gotten advice on my basement remodel before I did that but my...
  7. ironspider

NM to Armored question

Greetings all, the kitchen reno continues and thanks to all those that helped me get through my 10-2 thread. I have now pulled 10-3 through the walls and it's a week until the drywallers come in. So I'm in the lucky position of having nothing but studs in place. So I"m working on my...
  8. ironspider

Forced air in bathroom with radiant floor?

This was probably a dumb question because I just realized we'd need the vent for A/C in the summer right? :)
  9. ironspider

Forced air in bathroom with radiant floor?

Greetings all, we are remodeling our kitchen which luckily (or not luckily depending on how you look at it) required the destruction of our outdated and terrible front "bathroom". It had a toilet and a sink and was very tiny. So we've redesigned the space and we're now going to be able to add...
  10. ironspider

10-2 Romex for 240v appliance?

Lol my bad DonL. No I'm for sure switching out that oven wiring and going to 10-3 on that. I just wanted to check if I was further boned on this cooktop 8-2 deal. And it appears I may be if the code has changed :)
  11. ironspider

Right, I see what you're saying. And that makes sense to me because the oven has 3 wires + ground coming off it whereas the cooktop only has 2 wires + ground coming off it. It does have some indicator lights on it as well as a single digit power level indicator (basically a 9 segment single...
  12. ironspider

So electrically speaking, it's fine (as this is how the old oven was wired)--but if the codes have changed and now require there to be 3 conductors (+ground) then it's going to be a problem come inspection time?
  13. ironspider

Is General Electric made in China? If so, then yes :) EDIT: This is a GE PHP900 series 30" induction cooktop.
  14. ironspider

Gotcha, that makes sense. Like I said, that cable was from a different project so it's not like I bought the wrong cable and now I'm screwed. BUT, speaking of buying the wrong cable, we are also putting in an induction cooktop which requires a 40amp circuit. I bought some 8ga NM which again...
  15. ironspider

Greetings all, we're redoing our kitchen and we're about to install a 220/240v oven that requires a 30amp dedicated circuit. I've got a lot of 10-2 ROMEX® left over from a circuit install I did in our barn workshop and I'd like to use it as it appears 10ga wire can power a dedicated 30amp...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks