Recent content by ironshaikh

1. ironshaikh

Soldering lead free brass video

Is it safe to say that when you turn the water back on and there are no leaks from the joint, it was a good solder?
  2. ironshaikh

Nest thermostat and honeywell he360a

My home was built in 2005 with good to great insulation. Attic has r38 insulation plus my town made it a requirement that time to insulate the walls of concrete basement walls with blanket insulation. Windows are ok, not great. To my knowledge, none of the copper water pipes are on "outside"...
  3. ironshaikh

Never mind, I figured it out with this diagram http://www.doityourself.com/forum/thermostatic-controls/538773-integrating-aprilaire-360-humidifier-into-nest-2-0-setup.html Question for you guys, how "low" do you guys keep your thermostat when no one's home? I usually do 64, because I'm afraid...
  4. ironshaikh

I have a 2005 carrier 58mca080 as a furnace Right now my humidifer (honeywell he360a) is set up on its own control (with the sail switch and humidstat) and I want to link it up with my Nest, besides running another wire from my furnace to my nest, what else should I do?
  5. ironshaikh

where do I buy this vent?

weird, I went to menards and all I found were exhaust vents/dryer vents. No intake. I'll just order the Imperial one, thanks guys!
  6. ironshaikh

Furnace intake. It doesn't go to the furnace itself persay, but rather is an additional intake pipe that just goes to the furnace area itself. The real furnace intake is another traditional grey box. This one is just supplementary to the area itself that for some reason is mandated by code.
  7. ironshaikh

Not plumbing related, but I need to buy a new intake vent cover for my furnace room. It's simply a vent cover, I can't find it at Menards, home depot etc. They just sell exterior vents. I need an intake vent for a 6" vent pipe and nothing more. I may have gone a little crazy with a pressure...
  8. ironshaikh

Outdoor Spigot parts

Unfortunately I'm wrong. stem parts aren't interchangeable, Guess I'll just buy the new parts. But how do I fix that internal squeal?
  9. ironshaikh

Outdoor Spigot parts

Yep that's the one, mansfield. Looks like I have the 500 series (made from the 70s to 2006) and they don't make them anymore. I'm going to contact Prier to see if I can just buy a new 400 series, strip the guts and do a complete overhaul and put it in my 500 and see if it'll work. The stem...
  10. ironshaikh

Outdoor Spigot parts

Yeah, I have a feeling it's the vacuum breaker. My question would essentially be can I buy a new spigot (whatever the brand) and strip the internals or buy replacement universal parts would it fit or do I have to find out who that specific manufacturer is and hunt them down? Quarterball says...
  11. ironshaikh

Outdoor Spigot parts

The outter handle is a Danco and the top vacuum breaker is chrome with nothign written on it. I'll try to get a picture up, but there's nothing that clearly distinguishes it from other spigots.
  12. ironshaikh

Outdoor Spigot parts

I have a really old spigot that's leaking (right behind the handle) and would like internal parts, but I have no idea who the manufacturer of the spigot is. I'm assuming the homeowner before me has repaired this spigot before and installed universal parts since there's no manufacturer on the...
  13. ironshaikh

what length anode rod for 50 gallon?

Hi all, I installed a water heater in my home in February, however I have a water softener and it really chews up water heaters. I installed a 50 gallon power vent Rheem/GE water heater and i wanted to know what length magnesium anode rod to replace it with? I've been looking on amazon for it...
  14. ironshaikh

Rusty hot water

I have a breaker bar so I guess I won't have trouble with taking out the old one. My question now is what exactly is pro-press and how tough would it be to remove the anode rod from the hot water inlet? All the youtube videos show a seperate anode rod hex nut, but none combined.
  15. ironshaikh

Rusty hot water

The blue green stuff has always been there. I assumed it was some sort of threading to ensure a good seal. If the anode has already withered away, doesnt that mean the lining on of the tank is cracked then? I would service it myself but the problem is it's a bradford white and my copper lines...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks