Recent content by intel2020

1. intel2020

Help with selecting a water filtration/softener system for house

*** Deleted my post *** Feels like I offended some folks here with posting my my experience and project approach. Did not mean any to. *** Good Luck *** Again, thanks for all of the help to all that helped me, appreciated the education and assistance.
  2. intel2020

Help with selecting a water filtration/softener system for house

I was in a similar spot with needing a new water treatment solution for pretty good city water, just very hard (~21 gpg). Saw all of the online systems available, but found this forum. This forum is by far the best I have found on the Internet for residential water treatment solutions and...
  3. intel2020

Current Practice for New Homes -- Cold Water Kitchen Tap....

Opinions or facts please. Delivering soft or hard water (city supplied) to cold water kitchen tap. Heard the pros and cons over the years. With many great and knowledgeable people on this board, what is the prevailing practices in recent years on this topic? Is there cities/counties/states...
  4. intel2020

Water Softener/Filter System Needed

Looks great!! Love my Pentair 5810 SXT/XTR2 dual tank (Carbon and Softener) and GRO PRO RO system too (can see my other posts if anyone is interested)!! Water is just awesome!! I hate when I travel now as I miss my water!! This board is the "de-facto" water conditioning board on the Internet...
  5. intel2020

New system--Softener and Filter combo--Hard water causing medical issues

Reference documentation for my system: You can go with a 5800 (mine 5810 for 1 inch piping) as you have 3/4 inch from your post. You could go with both SXT valves. Take a look. Great system, very happy!! Link to a pdf doc of my carbon/softener system...
  6. intel2020

First Softener Recommendation

Same here talking to the water folks in Henderson NV, i.e. answered all questions plus some. Personally, I really enjoyed the conversation and liked the fact that he was very into what he did. In my business, hard to find people that puts pride in everything they do (hint = millennials, Gen...
  7. intel2020

Softpro softener

I think he is saying, and others have said, a new Fleck model is a suggested way to go, but a 2510 would work. 5600SXT is a newer valve than the 2510. The current generation (a few years on market now and I have two of them. i.e. 5810SXT and a 5810XTR) is the 58xx series in either a SXT or...
  8. intel2020

Water Softener Recommendation

Totally agree on comment -- STX is a great valve and meets all requirements. As Reach4 points out, I wanted the XTR2 for additional data that the valve can provide with a connection to a computer via a USB connection and software. Most folks don't need, nor want any of that info. I had some...
  9. intel2020

Water Softener Recommendation

Hi Goodfellow. That link is to my configuration. You can search for all of my previous posts on the topic and how I got to this configuration. Other factor in sizing to consider is water usage, size of home, # of running facets at same time (flow rate desired). I would recommend you size...
  10. intel2020

Upflow vs Downflow

I was in a similar spot with needing a new water treatment solution for pretty good city water, just very hard (~21 gpg). Saw all of the online systems you reference. This forum is by far the best I have found on the Internet for residential water treatment solutions and ideas to resolve...
  11. intel2020

Water after softener is harder than before it???

I have both. I have a TDS and PH meter that I use for my RO system at kitchen to measure RO water from time to time and then a Hach 5-B kit to measure hardness from time to time (at other home locations, i.e. outside faucet to measure city water hardness and inside to confirm my softener...
  12. intel2020

Fleck vs Genesis Models

Saved a couple hundred bucks. The carbon filter valve only back washes the carbon every 8 days or so, manual timed. So, simple task, did not need a higher end valve as in the XTR2. I wanted the XTR2 for diagnostics and ability to connect a PC to get more data from the valve and track over...
  13. intel2020

Fleck vs Genesis Models

I went through a process to understand the water treatment landscape for homes. Ran into the same sites (Genesis, etc.). Personally, I was turned off the more I learned about where this equipment was coming from (Engineering/design -- China). More research, reading this fourm, I narrowed the...
  14. intel2020

Need help with Fleck 5810 SXT valve

See dittohead chimed in. I will defer to his advise.....
  15. intel2020

Need help with Fleck 5810 SXT valve

How much "flowing/dripping"? I had a similar issue (dripping that I could hear). I ran a few recycles on my carbon tank and it solved the problem, assuming problem was related to some media getting stuck around the valves.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks