Recent content by integration

1. integration

Remove Moen 3809 diverter spout

Ha, I knew someone would want to see it! Here are a couple of pics, Terry. Thanks for your help!
  2. integration

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions. I went ahead and hacked the spout, and lo and behold! It was held by a sharkbite!! I removed it with a sharkbite removal tool (available for around $2 in Home Depot), and installed the new spout. The thing that was really irritating me, the...
  3. integration

Thanks for the suggestion. The plumbing behind the wall isn't easily accessible. The spout only spins if I turn it by hand. There is no caulking. I just moved into this place, and the previous owner installed the plumbing in the bathroom, and probably the Sharkbite. Its a little tough to...
  4. integration

Hello all, Thank you so much for all your responses. Only the spout is spinning. I think Smooky is correct, and a Sharkbite was used, and that's why its just spinning. So I guess I'll have to cut the spout in order to access the release ring. Any other suggestions before I do this?
  5. integration

Thanks for the quick response. The spout rotates freely, and I have tried seeing if there is an Allan screw, but there isn't one.
  6. integration

Hello, I am trying to remove a Moen 3809 diverter spout (image attached), but it just keeps rotating. There is no hex screw below. So I assumed that this was a threaded type diverter spout. Any help would be appreciated.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks