Recent content by indyjps

1. indyjps

Refinishing Bathtub

Ive refinishied a few, I dont recommend it on a high use tub. ive used Sherwin Williams products and they were satisfactory. ive heard great things about Napco, http://www.napcoltd.com/ if Im faced with refinishing another Ill use their products. Do Not brush this on, it has to be sprayed to...
  2. indyjps

Replacing tub with tiled shower walls & floor

couldnt you pour a concrete shower pan, slope it to your existing drain and tile the floor also?
  3. indyjps

Porcelain Tile cleaner

I layed porcelain tiles with a high gloss on a countertop and used epoxy grout for stain resistance, the epoxy grout hazed the tile. I used acetone to remove the epoxy haze, didnt damage the tile. You dont state where the tile is layed or what type of dirt you have on it.
  4. indyjps

Bar sink and urinal installation in basement

my initial thought was a much easier install with a urinal and bar sink. i reconsidered and was making preparations to do a regualr toilet. I found out I'm being transferred for work very shortly so i just need to get something working so its back to a urinal. do you think I'd be better off...
  5. indyjps

Fiberglass Exterior Doors

ive done them with auto paint, scuff them down, degrease and shoot the paint, you can have it mixed in any color and any amount of shine. use a single stage with a hardener and youre good to go. you can even wax them once a year.
  6. indyjps

"Wrapping" Outside of window frame

walk thru the aluminum/siding aisles of your local store, there should be plenty of flashing thats suitable, it may require modifications to be perfect for your windows. ive always been able to pull something off.
  7. indyjps

New casings\door stops or wood filler???

my father has quite a few old rental houses with odd size doors. Ive rebuilt plenty of doors with dowels and water putty and or bondo, some of the doors were in place for 5 years before we could replace them permanently and stood up to rental abuse without any problems. just sand down to bare...
  8. indyjps

Is CPVC Any Better Than Copper Or Steel In Cold Weather?

you may just be able to get a way with a putting a light fixture in and installing a heated bulb for cold nights to keep the area heated. i used this method with well pump in an uninsulated garage.
  9. indyjps

rear exit toilet

ah now i understand, on the rear spud. im having problems with choosing the right set up for my basement install. my initial thought was to use a rear exit toilet to prevent having to cut into the floor to run plumbing in the slab. is this the correct way to go about it. i would prefer to use...
  10. indyjps

rear exit toilet

looking to do a budget basement bathroom, can i use one of these toilets, i have access to one for free. http://www.needplumbingsupplies.com/Kohler/Specs/116819_4.pdf its a kohler highcliff rear spud toilet, i am not real familiar with these. what will this require to install, im assuming a...
  11. indyjps

Another one for the style police: Exterior hardware

im reallly begining t dislike polished brass. so definately do the wrought iron.
  12. indyjps

Remodeling Rash! Skin Irritant (Dermatitis )

use some lava and a scotchbrite, it'll take the bumps right off.
  13. indyjps

Seamless/Removable Laminate floor?

the concrete stain was what i was going to suggest, they are using it in many tex-mex restaurants in shopping centers now. if not just epoxy the floor with concrete floor sealer, then its an easy mop up job doesnt help with the cold aspect though. astroturf cut to size and anchored along the...
  14. indyjps

Mudding drywall screws (tricky little suckers got you screwed)

ill make a flush pass on the screw head in two directions to force mud into the recess, this will shrink some when it dries so i make another build pass then sand, i get away with about 2/3's of them look good on the first sanding, the rest require another pass. im finishing out my basement...
  15. indyjps

Bar sink and urinal installation in basement

thanks for the help guys, now I can run my vent, and feel safe about it. then the search for an appropriate pump begins.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks