Recent content by index1489

1. index1489

Water softener drain line

They came back and added a p-trap. The old tap fitting in the clean out cover was leaking, so I called them back out. Still no air gap but I can easily fix that myself later. Is it acceptable to use a sanitary-tee on its side like this?
  2. index1489

Yes its a sewer line and that is what they did, tap the cleanout cover for the softener drain line.
  3. index1489

Just had a system professionally installed in California. Install looks good with the exception of the drain line. I’ve seen them do other installs where they install a ptrap on the cleanout but looks like they just tapped a fitting into the cleanout cover on mine. Debating if I should have...
  4. index1489

Drop ear elbow threads

Yes the drop elbow is brass, I have no idea why they used a galvanized nipple instead of brass only a few dollar difference this house was built in the 90s and used higher end fixtures, Kohler the brass spout I removed cost $180 but failed because of a stupid plastic plug on the underside. The...
  5. index1489

Drop ear elbow threads

Should I get a brass or wire nylon brush? I just don't want to damage the threads, I sprayed some kroil oil and going to let it sit a little...
  6. index1489

Drop ear elbow threads

I'm replacing a wall end threaded spout that was broken and didn't divert the water to the shower head anymore, Upon removing the spout it came loose from the connection to the elbow and not the back of the spout, this revealed a galvanized threaded nipple heavily corroded. I purchased a new...
  7. index1489

Washer Supply Fittings Loose

So it this something I should worry about or leave alone? Couple other people have told me if its a PEX connection it could move a little and be fine. "That a/w books looks correct to me , sometimes they move and sometimes they don't. As long as it not leaking, you'll be fine. I used to put...
  8. index1489

Washer Supply Fittings Loose

Just had a new washer/dryer installed, during the installation I noticed when the installer tightened the new hoses on the water supply outlets, both outlets rotated slightly 20-30 degrees. I assumed these were sweat fittings and shouldn't be able to rotate like that. Grabbing the hose I can...
  9. index1489

Plumbers putty on plastic

Thanks for the response, I'll keep that in mind, this place was built in 2005, we lived in another house in the same neighborhood built on the same year and our master bathroom shower (no overflow) leaked down to our kitchen ceiling and the place was less then 6 months old, the builder came to...
  10. index1489

Thanks guys appreciate the responses, the source of the leak is still unconfirmed, there was a tiny wet spot in my downstairs celling, upstairs is a bathroom, the toilet and sink has no leaks, and a few months back I caulked everything in the tub with GE-Silicion II after I replaced the water...
  11. index1489

I recently repaired a leaky drain on a FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) tub/surround. Plumbers putty was already present in the drain from the builder, I noticed on the product I used mentioned not to use on plastic, the drain piping is black plastic and so is the tub. After a little...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks