Recent content by idreos

1. idreos

Toilet water level fills to normal water level lowers 20 minutes later. Tank water level remains normal.

When tank is flushed the commode level fills to its normal level but 20 minutes later commode water level drops about 2" The tank water remains level so it appears the commode is slowly leaking into the floor flange drain hole What is the likely cause of this? Thanks for your help!
  2. idreos

Can 27" laundry center be installed in a 30" wide closet? re plumbing connection workspace

I am replacing a stackable combo laundry center. The old unit is 24” wide and the new unit I wish to buy is 27” wide. The space is a 30” wide closet. Will the 27” unit be too wide to allow adequate space to install plumbing connections
  3. idreos

How to remove kitchen faucet with this type of undercounter mounting hardware??

I want to replace a generic cheap kitchen faucet with one of good quality. The faucet has no identifying manufacturers marking In preparation I did some preliminary planning to see how the existing faucet was secured to the corian counter. As It is a tight squeeze so I will temporarily...
  4. idreos

Advice needed on temporary removal of Insinkerator garbage disposal

I have to install a new kitchen faucet in a tight space but cannot do so without temporarily removing an existing Insinkerator 500 garbage disposal. Will this removal and reattachment be relatively easy to do or present possible difficulties. Thanks for your help!
  5. idreos

What is the easiest one hole kitchen faucet to install

I will be replacing a one hole kitchen faucet with a new one and am looking for recommendations from professionals on a brand they may find the easiest to install by their design?
  6. idreos

What's causing this strange

I have a strange leak coming from a newly installed bathroom sink drain and am seeking advice from experienced plumbers who may help to identify the cause. I run the water in the sink for several minutes and there are no leals detected from the drain and its J trap connections. When I check...
  7. idreos

Push down drain clicks to close but will not click open

I have installed a push down bathroom sink drain but although it clicks closed when pushed down, I can not get it to click up when I want the drain to open. I checked the drain click mechanism out of the box and it worked well to open and close prior to the installation but after the install on...
  8. idreos

Air return duct is not connected to the blower intake plenum

I am considering buying a condo and when I first looked at the property I noticed the HVAC system's blower was in a small closet. Upon closer observation I saw that the air return grill in the living room wall was connected to a duct that was never connected to the blower intake plenum. See...
  9. idreos

Questions on best way to replace outdoor bib

Have to replace a 50 yr old backyard bib and dont know if it screws out of the faucet was originally soldered on the the 1/2 " tube What is the best way to approach this ? Below is pic of exterior view. The inside view is just the tube going into a wood sill board. I haven't done any soldering...
  10. idreos

Frozen drain pipe dilemma

Last year I had the kitchen and utility room sink supply lines freeze up on me These sink drains are connected to the same hidden horizontal PVC waste line which parallels an exterior wall. To prevent that freezing problem from re occurring this week in the current freezing weather, I let...
  11. idreos

What is the part I need to complete the the toilet flange to anchor my toilet

My commode was loose and when I tried to fasten its side bolts I couldn't as the metal ring surround of the PCV toilet flange was completely rusted out I removed it and am left with the pvc flange pictured below The top of the PVC is about a half an inch above the surrounding tile surface What...
  12. idreos

How do I fix this jtrap misalignment problem

13. idreos

Sudden drop in pressure in gas line or bad gas meter.

Thanks for your responses The pressure was tested at both the furnace's gas valve inlet and outlet. Both showed the same sudden drop at the second ignition stage. A tech with over 35 years experience with gas believes its the gas meter regulator. Calling the gas utility company again. This is...
  14. idreos

Sudden drop in pressure in gas line or bad gas meter.

Are you talking about the gas valve on the furnace?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks