Recent content by Idoc4u

1. Idoc4u

WaterBoss 380 fittings

I installed a new WaterBoss ProPlus 380 water softener. I used new Qest fittings. The fittings are slightly leaking when there is a large water demand like running the wash machine. I'd include a photo of my actual situation but a pop up says the file is too large to post. I don't want to...
  2. Idoc4u

R/O check valve making noise

When I first installed the valve, the noise was very subtle. For sure, that sound was velocity related; a faint hum as water passed through. The noise has increased significantly over time which leads me to believe that possibly there are mineral deposits in the valve. Obviously, I'm guessing...
  3. Idoc4u

In the back of the picture (closer to the top of the pic) where the 1/4" check valve connects the red and green tube. That is the Watts/Pure Water 1/4" check valve used with the bipass method. The red tube then leads to a coupling that leads to the black tube and into the saddle drain.
  4. Idoc4u

In November of 2019 I installed a Watts Pure Water R/O system with permeate pump under a kitchen sink. The faucet was getting very noisy with hissing from the weep hole/overflow so I converted to a bipass with check valve in July of 2020. The check valve has become progressively noisier with a...
  5. Idoc4u

Metal Clad grounding question

Wayne, the 20amp GE breaker is a standard breaker. The metal clad in the Armorlite is aluminum. My testers show that the ground is correct, not open and not reversed. The receptacle functions as normal without the ground attached, but trips the breaker when the ground is connected. I don't...
  6. Idoc4u

Wayne, thank you so much for the reply! Let me clarify my situation. I have 1/2" EMT running from the breaker. In the EMT are hot and neutral #12 wires. The 1/2" EMT connects to a junction box. From the junction box, I have Armorlite 12/2 aluminum clad cable going to a new 15amp...
  7. Idoc4u

Could you please help me understand a wiring issue I'm having? I have #12 hot and neutral running from a new GE 20amp breaker to a metal junction box. From the jb I have 12/2 armor clad running behind drywall (old work) to a metal box with a 15amp outlet. If I connect the copper (green)...
  8. Idoc4u

R/O manifold quick connect question

If one of the push connect ports on a reverse osmosis manifold is left open will it leak without a plug? Thanks!
  9. Idoc4u

Reverse Osmosis - Permeate Pump Question

I have a GE Profile Model PXRQ15RBL reverse osmosis system. I would like to add a permeate pump. There are 4 connection points on the manifold: 1. Outlet (Blue) which goes from manifold to fridge, 2. Tank (Red) which goes to the water tank, 3. Drain (Black) which goes to drain, 4. Inlet...
  10. Idoc4u

Should this GFCI run work?

Not that there is any overwhelming reason to do it, but if theoretically wiring 2 GFCI outlets in series, would you wire from the "Load" terminal of GFCI #1 (closest to the breaker) and go into the "Line" terminal of the second?
  11. Idoc4u

hj, Thanks again for the reply. Here's what happened. I must have had a break in the wire insulation which caused a short. I rewired according to the drawing. My tester showed no power, but neither the breaker nor the GFCI tripped. I plugged in a light and worked like a charm. All outlets...
  12. Idoc4u

hj, both the GFCI and breaker tripped immediately after I switched the breaker on. I must have a wiring issue. I'll have to check it out an be sure that I have it wired as drawn. I don't believe joining the neutrals from the breaker box and those going to the "Line" terminals on the GFCI...
  13. Idoc4u

Please see attached well crafted artistic rendering. I ran #12 wire from a 20A breaker to a junction box. From the junction box I created a pigtail and ran to the first GFCI outlet (Line) terminal. Also from the pigtail in the junction box I ran to a second GFCI outlet (Line). Then from...
  14. Idoc4u

Electric Fireplace Question

Thanks for the replies. Makes sense. I hard wired my in-wall electric heater on a dedicated 20A circuit. I'm not sure if the electric fireplaces have a 20A plug. From the websites I've looked at, I believe the vendors indicate that the plugs are standard polarized 15A-type plugs and...
  15. Idoc4u

Electric Fireplace Question

I have posed this question to local electricians and vendors. The answers are almost consistently inconsistent. Any opinions would be appreciated. I am interested in installing an electric fireplace in a new construction basement recreation room area. Should I place the 1500W fireplace on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks