Recent content by Hyrules

1. Hyrules

Central Air conditionner 1 1/2 ton vs 2 ton

The house is oriented more or less east west. The front being west. During summer time alot of heat comes from the front windows as the sun is almost straight in front during the hotest hours of days. Temperature can get around 28 - 29ºC if the blinds are not closed in the living room that's...
  2. Hyrules

thank you all for your input. It will help alot in the decision. I'm currently tipping to the 1.5 ton version. It's smaller but I believe it should do the job. If my estimate is right it should do the job properly. We had 2 window air conditioner for a couples of year one was a 6500 btu and the...
  3. Hyrules

Yes we already made our choice on the brand. Ruud. Parts are widely available here and the warranty is really good. They where both recommended by different salesperson and on the web. We just wanted to know which one we should take.
  4. Hyrules

Most of the salesperson that came to the house for evaluation never calculated anything. They just gave us the amount of ton. Those thing I know : House orientation is more or less EAST / WEST , Windows are oriented east west as well and there are 3 windows in front and 2 in the back plus a...
  5. Hyrules

Thanks for the answer it makes a lot of sense.
  6. Hyrules

Hi everyone, I am currently shopping for central air conditioner for the house and I was wondering what was the difference between a 1 1/2 ton vs 2 ton. Some salesperson want to sell us a 2 ton some 1 1/2. The house is a standard basement and groundlevel house 24 x 40 or 960 sqft. Thanks.
  7. Hyrules

Electric furnace blower motor doesn't turn on once in a while

The settings was at mild. It's been that for a while now. This never been a cause of problem for this furnace. We change it when temps get really cold in the middle of winter and set it back to mild when spring is close. The problem appeared long after we set it to mild. Since the last time I...
  8. Hyrules

you know nukeman... this is really similar to my problem. This is exactly what is happening. It's generally in the morning that the blower doesn't come on and as I remember the night in question was also cold something like -20ºC ( -4ºF). The thermostat was set to 16ºC ( 60ºF ) and the heat...
  9. Hyrules

I'm fairly sure that there is no heat sensor it's time delayed. I did test the second sequencer but it came up good. I would have to test the first heat sequencer to see if it is not stuck off or on when it happens. As for the electronics, i have a college degree in it. I know what volts, watts...
  10. Hyrules

Outdoor thermostat no. Two stage i don't believe so. The elements start to heat and after 3 minutes the blower kicks in. The other speeds are for continuous ventilation on low speed and the fan button with is high speed.
  11. Hyrules

The problem only happen one in a while. I can make the fan spin if I push the fan button on the furnace or the continuous ventilation mode button. Chances are it might be a relay going bad like you said.
  12. Hyrules

Oops my bad for the link. I changed it now it should work. This kind of furnace has a built in mechanism that triggers itself after a couple of minutes of the heating element are on. The thermostat does not control the fan. It just sends a call for heat signal to the furnace. Thanks for your...
  13. Hyrules

I think there is a capacitor starting the motor yes. Here is the brand / model : Broan 21B15M the furnace is 6 yo. Here is the installation manual if i can help : http://www.broan.ca/PDF/InstallGuides/Broan_ca_Furnace_B%20Series_I_en.pdf thanks.
  14. Hyrules

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with my Broan Electric furnace lately. Sometimes the blower motor doesn't want to switch on. Sometimes it works fine for a while but this morning it didn't want to turn on. The heating elements are working because I can feel the heat from the furnace but...
  15. Hyrules

Wiring the fan on an Norton (broan) Furnace

Well apparently I found my answer by digging more and analysing the way the furnace works. It is perfectly normal for the fan to be louder since when I trigger the system on ventilation mode(physical button on the furnace) it does the same as if I trigger the fan on the thermostat and thus the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks