Recent content by hydrosean

1. H

URGENT: Hot Springs Katalox Light Fe/Mn Filters, High Bicarbonate

Ok as we move forward with replacing the media with Greensand Plus, I've been going through all of the Greensand Plus literature. It seems that the two issues we're seeing, ability to filter iron but not manganese and that the iron breaks through and the manganese comes through at multiples the...
  2. H

I'm not sure a stronger oxidizer will help at this point but thanks for the suggestion.
  3. H

$2,000 cash prize offered for anyone who can come up with a chemical addition that will allow Katalox Light to work in the way that Greensand Plus has worked for us in the past! (must receive answer in next week maximum to receive full cash prize) If they are both MnO2 coated medias, its very...
  4. H

Ok we tested the warm spring only with no oxidant (70 gpm and 91 F). No bubbles at first then more after an hour but not as much as the hot spring. It seems the filter tanks have to build up enough air at the top of the tank before the bubbles start getting forced through. Under these conditions...
  5. H

Ok today we tried the 0.5 micron sediment filter and no change on the manganese concentration. It kind of makes sense because when we fill our pools with the 0 iron reading but 60 ppb manganese reading water, its blue. But as soon as we add chlorine it turns brown with a tinge of green. So it...
  6. H

Long day of testing yesterday. 1) We reduced flow in half to 35 gpm (9 gpm per tank) and this had no effect. Iron filtered, manganese not. Manganese was twice source concentration also - 40 ppb at well and before tanks, 90 ppb after the tanks. We left the flow at this lower half rate for the...
  7. H

Nice this is a great resource, much easier to use than their graph and then have to calculate. We have a flow meter installed and we’re getting 45-50 gpm on the backwash at 30 C so that’s 28-30% bed expansion like I was saying which your table also says. Thanks for this confirmation!
  8. H

I’m going to try tomorrow in this order and test after each step is added: 1) reducing service flow in half to 9 gpm per tank instead of 17.5 gpm to improve contact time in the tank 2) add hydrogen peroxide at the wellhead with 2.5 minutes contact time (maximum) before it hits the tanks 3) add...
  9. H

Tanks are 24” the bed expansions I calculated from watch water are based on flow per cross-sectional area on a given temperature curve. But yeah would be great to actually see inside. Unfortunately the black paint on the outside is impenetrable as far as I can see. I’m running around 45 gpm...
  10. H

Also, in terms of bed expansion at 85 F / 30 C, Watch Water provides a chart of bed expansion vs. flow rate for various temperature lines. Here is what I get for 30 C: Backwash for 30 C Water Temp? Watch Water recommends 30-35 m/h for most water temperatures including 30 C 30 m/h / 2.44...
  11. H

I'm really impressed with the on the ground knowledge in these forums. We have kind of an urgent situation and if any of you offer consulting, we would greatly appreciate some closer support than these forums also to help us to get our filters working this week as our family business is hanging...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks