Recent content by Huskymaniac

1. Huskymaniac

Cloudy water

Are you talking about the bypass built into the controller or a bypass plumbed into my plumbing system? The cloud is white or light gray. We don't get much dark precipitate but we do get a little at the bottom of the hot water tank.
  2. Huskymaniac

Cloudy water

Do you mean I should turn off the main water supply that is feeding the softener? I suppose I could do that but is there any other way to stop the cycle? We get the rotten egg smell in both the hot and cold water.
  3. Huskymaniac

Cloudy water

The water stays cloudy, even after several days. Also, even a Brita filter doesn't filter it out. The water softener is in the basement, along with everything else water related. Thanks for the suggestion on the water test kit. I was thinking along those lines as well. On the sanitizing of...
  4. Huskymaniac

Cloudy water

For some time I have lived with rotten egg smell from my water. That was annoying enough but now my water is cloudy white. The rotten egg smell would fluctuate over time. It seemed to get worse after long periods of either lots or little rain. I thought my cloudy issue was a fouled water...
  5. Huskymaniac

Research on Sulfur Smell

True but what if I shocked the well and sanitized the plumbing system prior to installing whatever I install. Then the installed system just needs to make sure that no new bacteria makes it to the plumbing system. Water Right claims to oxidize H2S and continue to sanitize water with residual...
  6. Huskymaniac

Research on Sulfur Smell

I understand that killing the bacteria will get rid of the source of the odor but the bacteria itself is not harmful and so wouldn't getting rid of the H2S be sufficient? Yes, the bacteria is still there but if it is harmless then what's the big deal? And couldn't you kill it with a UV lamp...
  7. Huskymaniac

Research on Sulfur Smell

Isn't your best choice the same as what I listed as option #1 above? What do you mean when you say solution feeders? Do you mean the cholorine solution feeder or the H2O2 solution feeder or both? And what do you think about H2O2? It seems simple and has some benefits of oxidizing the...
  8. Huskymaniac

Can you recognize this mushroom?

This thing was growing in my sump pump hole. Does anyone recognize it? I removed it, or most of it, and dumped some dilute bleach into the sump pump hole. http://www.weatherunderground.com/wximage/viewsingleimage.html?mode=singleimage&handle=Huskymaniac&number=0
  9. Huskymaniac

Cleaning out a gutter downspout that is underground

I have a gutter that goes into a raised bed garden. Somewhere in there is empties into a PVC pipe (I think 4"). I am having water problems in my bsement when it rains hard so I suspect there might be a partial blockage in there. What can I use to snake this thing without damaging the metal...
  10. Huskymaniac

Putting a false floor over basement concrete

Here is an alternate idea I was checking out the Global Industrial catalog and saw these plastic pallets: http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs/product/productInfo.web?infoParam.mode=1&index=32&options.parentCategoryKey=172&infoParam.itemKey=30116066 I was thinking, can't someone just lay a...
  11. Huskymaniac

Research on Sulfur Smell

Here is some background information: 1. Rotten Egg smell 2. Slime in holding tank of toilet 3. Smell in both cold and hot water but worse in hot 4. Adding some bleach into the brine tank of my standard softener helps buts does not eliminate the problem 5. 11 grains of hardness 6. 0.2 ppm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks