Recent content by Hud

1. Hud

Advice on new softener.

Thank you, very informative. If you don't mind I have one question on maximizing salt efficiency. IF; I had city water with a hardness of 20 grains and I were to use 100 gallons/day a 32,000 grain capacity softener (1 cu/ft.) would ideally remove 2000 grains/day. After 8 days the resin...
  2. Hud

Advice on new softener.

Not very helpful Reach 4.
  3. Hud

Advice on new softener.

Plan to replace my current softener with a Fleck 5810SXT and would appreciate comments on a couple items. City water; 15 grains; no iron, 0.6Clorine; code requires 1" plumbing. 2 person household, 90 day average soft water consumption is 75 gallons per day. 1. Is 10% resin a good option. 2. I...
  4. Hud

Repair or Replace 8 year old Softener

Two people in the house, average 75 gallons/day total inside home. The tank is 8x44. I rebuilt the valve about 2 years ago, the screen and internals had a dark brown coating on everything. Made me think the valve was older and perhaps the unit had been iron fouled. When you say high quality...
  5. Hud

Repair or Replace 8 year old Softener

I own 8 year old Fleck 5600SXT 24,000 that seems to be dying. I purchased it 'new' but have some doubts as to the integrity of the vendor. I think he might be one of those guys who 'refurbishes' old machines and sells them as new, either way after 8 years he is nowhere to be found. The capacity...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks