Recent content by hrsnblm

1. hrsnblm

Improve Shower Base Support

From further checking and reading it looks as this is the most viable solution. Once I get the new base and tear out the old hardware I am going to put down some plastic and use the mortar to level/support the base and hopefully any future issues will be avoided. Thanks all for your inputs.
  2. hrsnblm

If I was redoing the wall (tiling) and all, I could look into it, but I am planning on keeping the existing walls that are part of the shower base set since my plans are to only replace the base at this time. I'm just trying to determine the best way to shore up the base with the existing...
  3. hrsnblm

As I mentioned previously, I had to put the base on top of a platform to account for the drain issues. When I redo it I am planning on using cement backer boards for strength and stability on top of the framing to raise the base up. So bedding into mortar is not an option. Thanks for the response.
  4. hrsnblm

Hello, it's been a long time since I posted last, but I am in need of advice. Years ago I replaced a bathtub with an acrylic(?) shower base and walls. Because of the location of the original drain and the drain in the base I had to build a frame which allowed me to take into account this issue...
  5. hrsnblm

What's the scoop on recirculation???

Another Question I understand the potential for over hot-water heater usage, and usage of the pipes. However, if utilize my own timer that I can program only when the need is there (i.e., an hour in the morning and maybe an hour at night) would the water heater and pipes usage really be an...
  6. hrsnblm

What's the scoop on recirculation???

I have been seriously considering putting a recirculation system to speed-up getting hot water back to my shower. Now I have run into an article (http://www.homeressources.com/forum/read.php?f=9&i=2064&t=2064) that implies that using a recirculation system is counter-productive. Which is it...
  7. hrsnblm

Hot Water Recirculation

When I turn on my hot water in my shower (furthest point from HW heater) it can take a couple of minutes of running the hot water full on to get anything approaching hot out. I started reading about these Hot Water Recirculation pumps/set-ups, but have a couple of questions. I am on a slab with...
  8. hrsnblm

Kohler Faucet

Then who would you recommend for a kitchen faucet that has style, quality, and is reasonably priced? Anyone....
  9. hrsnblm

Kohler Faucet

Thanks for the info. I did a search in the forums and the was maybe one comment on a Kohler faucet, and I don't think it was a kitchen faucet. So, I guess I'll wait and see if I get any bites on my original question... :)
  10. hrsnblm

Kohler Faucet

Well, I didn't do too well with my question regarding Fontaine faucets, and probably rightly so. How about the Kohler Clairette? I know Kohler by name is a good faucet and know I have used a some of their faucets in the past. But, what about their new Clairette faucet with the pull-out sprayer...
  11. hrsnblm

Fontaine Faucets

I guess I wasn't clear. I do not mind paying $200 for a good faucet. It is paying $400+; that is too much for my budget. It is just finding a style and color that go with the kitchen. My budget not only includes the kitchen, but the family room, the master br, and laying flooring down through...
  12. hrsnblm

Fontaine Faucets

$200 vs. $400 (and higher) :o And I am just plain running out of the monies that were set aside for these projects...
  13. hrsnblm

Fontaine Faucets

I am looking for a well designed kitchen faucet without paying ridiculous prices. I started looking at Fontaine. Has anyone ever heard of this brand or know anything? I appreciate your responses.... Howard
  14. hrsnblm

Perpetual Drain Problem

Probably not. The line runs UNDER the foundation (concrete, no access) & to lay a new line would cost me a couple of thousand dollars, even if I did most of the work myself, which I usually do. This is getting more & more a situation that I just may have to live with. Any one want to come...
  15. hrsnblm

Perpetual Drain Problem

Some answers I hope this response answers some of the questions posted. It appears that the drain is 1-1/2" to 2" PVC that runs parallel to my outside wall till approximately where it joins up with the kitchen sink. It then veers back through the center of the house (I believe) where it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks