Recent content by hosky

1. hosky

Leaking shower

Thanks for the reply jimbo, I have been in the house for a year and it has done it since then. Didnt use that bathroom but now with baby on the way need to get it fixed. I just recently had to dig a new well due to sand in water. The old well was artesian, and would free flow at 28psi (it...
  2. hosky

Leaking shower

Sorry about that Crow, Let me see if I can clarify. I am talking about the spout where the water comes out. I have a valve for the hot and one for the cold and the shower diversion is done on the spout. Everytime I turn on the water in the tub it starts coming out of the shower head...
  3. hosky

Leaking shower

I have searched the other posts but did not find the answer to my question. I have a leaking shower head and don't know how to stop it. I have a tub faucet with a built in diverter and thought that the diverter had malfunctioned so I replaced the faucet. Still leaking. Could it be in the...
  4. hosky

Discolored water

Thanks for the response. The water does stay this color when left over night. I am working on getting it tested, probably be Monday. I compared my water straight from the tap to the water at the hospital I work at and there is only a shade or two difference (mine is darker) but neither were...
  5. hosky

Discolored water

Thanks for this site. I had some posts last Dec about my 1600 - 1800 ft well pumping sand and the general thought here was that I needed to drill a new well, so I did. I was able to get soft water at 520', (other houses in a 5 mile radius were from 400 - 620). I have searched other posts...
  6. hosky

well depth, well cost, money well spent?

Just a quick note that might be of use. I live in the MS delta and just had a 520` well drilled last Friday. Cost me a shade under $12000.00. I have mostly clay and sand with some small gravel. I thought that was a high cost. But can you really put a cost on having water for your wife and family?
  7. hosky

Well drilling question

Hey guys! I am going with the "no dumb question theory" here. I have a 1800 ft well that is pumping sand (made posts about it before) and I need a new well. The well guy wants to drill a 350 - 600 foot well. Two questions: 1) If the 1800 well is pumping sand can I move over an acre or...
  8. hosky

Sand!!!

RIGHT v/s RIGGED , rigged is what I have now and does not work.. Right is what I need and don't have. So now the ? is who has the sand filter I need? and what is needed to maintain it? Not an engineer, just a CT technologist with some common sense (I hope) -Hosky
  9. hosky

Sand!!!

I guess that my thinking on a holding tank would act as a resevoir to pull water from in the instance that I use more water than my well can replace simultaneously. The inline filter can go. This is something that I just want to be RIGHT not RIGGED. The sand filter may serve the purpose or I may...
  10. hosky

Sand!!!

Before I start spending money I want to be sure that I understand what you are talking about... Bob- you suggest replacing my 220 gal tank with a sand filter then leaving the rest of my set up the same which includes... well head --> sand filter --> pump --> passes blue air tank -->...
  11. hosky

Sand!!!

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. I know that most of the people on this site don't agree with the "whole house" filter idea, and I understand that. It doesn't matter to me if I have it or not. Its not like it is doing anything anyway! Can I come from the well into a "sand filter" and...
  12. hosky

Sand!!!

The inline filter is not filtering the sand, I don't care if it is there or not. It was already there and I am not replacing the filters. They are not clogging up. What is the option besides a sand filter?
  13. hosky

Sand!!!

Been here before and have read alot of posts that have been helpful. About a month ago I had a post about filtering my water... Just a little recap...1600 ft free flow well (in MS delta) 220 gal tank (supposedly used to "filter" sand out) pumpand in-line cartridge filter. It was suggested to...
  14. hosky

How do I filter my well water?

If it is "rust" as you say then what should I do to get rid of it? It only happens if I don't flush the tank daily. I don't know anything about wells, I won't lie and say I do. I want to learn and I think this is a great site. Should I get a softener or chlorinating system??? -Hosky
  15. hosky

How do I filter my well water?

I just don't know what to do. You have heard my story and seen my pics. What can I do to fix the problem? If I let the water "flush" while I am at work it is clean for the next 12 or so hours. If I do not "flush" it then my water turns muddy looking with sand settling in my commodes and sinks...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks