Recent content by hornedfrog2000

1. H

Sinkhole from orangeburg

We are getting a new main line put in today, and someone at my Dad's work was saying that we could have a 15 foot sinkhole or something, but I really doubt it. The ground is pretty squishy, and saturated feeling, but I would think that would be expected. I could see maybe a few feet of erosion...
  2. H

Sinkhole from orangeburg

Are there ever significant sinkholes from the orangeburg leaking?
  3. H

Orangeburg repair/replacement.

The conclusion is we need to dig it up some way, or another. I started to dig to see how long it would take me, and i dug about 2'x2' deep in about 15 minutes.... I started right by the clean out pipe, which is by the street. The city said we needed a licensed plumber to do the...
  4. H

Someone is coming out tomorrow, I will let you guys know what they tell me. Thanks for all the help so far!
  5. H

The pipe goes down into the floor. I wont be able to tell where the orange burg starts until I dig down to it?
  6. H

When you walk into our house you enter the basement. I don't really understand what you mean in the above post. Sorry for not puting this information in there.
  7. H

Our basement is finished, and there is a cleanout pipe right inside of the house. So, basically the orangeburg should start right by that? I think I will at least dig down to it at the top by our house to see how deep it is first.
  8. H

We are going to get a cammera in there this week. I am assuming a couple things here, but my 3 of my close neighbors had to have theirs replaced, so I think it's a fair assumption. The Orangeburg will be under the foundation then, or will there be a piece of steal that goes from the...
  9. H

Since I am on a hill do you think they would have used 90 degree elbows to make it "stair case downward, or do you think it would have been more of a gradual slope down? Really appreciate your help.
  10. H

I'm not exactly sure where, or how much. My house sits on a hill, and at the bottom is a cleanout pipe that goes down about 6 feet. I figure if it is easier to just dig down, and then repair a section, and hope it lasts about a year that is what I would do. I would like to save some money up...
  11. H

I was wondering if it was possible to replace the orangeburg myself, or if I should just get it done by a plumber? Also, how do you know how deep the actual line is? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks