Recent content by hormy_83

1. hormy_83

Install Tub Shower Combo without Tub Filler

Awesome - thanks for the heads up. I just looked at it for a few seconds when the wife brought it home. I'll look at it closer before installing it - that would be nice!
  2. hormy_83

It wasn't a question as to if it is more difficult, sorry - that was more of a statement on it isn't more difficult to install in right side up or upside down. But you are right, the valve that came with ours is threaded, and I'm going to be using copper for everything and soldering it all - so...
  3. hormy_83

Yes, they did say the shower head would still limit the amount of water coming out. But I think they made some comment about if there was any water pressure fluctuation in the house it may be better to have it installed this way. I also figured if I change the head / add a hand held shower it...
  4. hormy_83

They said because the valve to the bath filler provides more pressure than the valve up to the shower head. So if you only will be using one, you may as well use the one that allows more pressure through.
  5. hormy_83

Thanks for the replies! I also spoke to Moen and they said this valve is able to be installed upside down - I just have to remove the cartridge and reinstall that right side up. So I will do that and cap the valve that is pointed down (original shower valve).
  6. hormy_83

We are remodeling our bathroom, which includes ripping out our prior shower stall and re-tiling it. My wife picked out a shower head / tub filler combo at the local big box store, and it comes with a 4 port valve. She picked the Moen Varese My question is, since this is a shower stall, I have...
  7. hormy_83

No Ground for Outdoor Lights

Great - thanks for the help! Glad to know I can make it safer then it is, and not have to dig up the existing cable.
  8. hormy_83

Since it may be hard to understand (or believe) here is a picture... Sorry about the quality, it is from my phone - but at least it gets the idea across...
  9. hormy_83

Yes, you both are correct. It is basically a glorified extension cord that is buried under the ground from the house to the post light. It pops up right by my front porch, wraps around my stone wall / planter that sticks out 2 feet or so from the house and then goes into the outlet that is...
  10. hormy_83

I'm in the process of replacing my old lamp poles and lights outside with new ones. I have noticed that the previous ones were installed with UF wire buried directly underground. Since moving into my house I've always thought it was weird that the UF wire terminates at the house by connecting...
  11. hormy_83

Removing Laundry Tub

Hey guys, I'm Nick. I've got a question on a project I hope to finish up this weekend. I'm in the middle of a kitchen/laundry room remodel. While doing this my wife decided it would be better to remove the laundry tub and instead put a cabinet and counter there. So I am going to install...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks