Recent content by hondatech

1. hondatech

Leaking toilet????

I didn't use any thing to seal between the spacers. What do you recommend using?
  2. hondatech

Leaking toilet????

How can you tell if your toilet is leaking between the toilet and the flange. I redid my bathroom last year and installed ceramic tile. I added two spacers between the flange and toilet to compensate for the floor. Recently I have noticed some discoloration in the grout around the toilet, also...
  3. hondatech

Water filtering system?

I had a water guy come out and give me an estimate on what I need. Here's my water quality ph7.6 hardness 14 iron 1 nitrates 0 TDS 315 copper 0 chlorine 0 CO2 0 Here is his recommendation A 1 cuft Fleck 7000 electronic demand control. With using the electronic controller from a...
  4. hondatech

Well Water test

I bought a test kit from Home Depot and this is what I found; Well i bought one of those water tests and heres what I got. ph 7.5 safe chlorine .2 safe alkalinity 180-240 high hardness 250 harder iron 0 safe copper 0 safe nitrate 0 safe I have well water. What do you think?
  5. hondatech

Suggest whole house filter for sediment

Whats the chances of you posting a photo? Sounds like a neat setup.
  6. hondatech

Rust particles coming out.

Oh by the way class of 1995 here. I sent you a bmail.
  7. hondatech

I just checked out your website and noticed Nescopeck. I graduated from Berwick. We had the water tested when we bought the house last july. We have high iron hard water our ph level wasn't that bad. The sediment coming in is clogging faucets washing machine and toilets.
  8. hondatech

I have a well system and qest pipes. I have rust particles coming out of all my faucets. We have had a lot of rain here lately too if that matters. Whats going on?
  9. hondatech

Crawl space dilema

Is there something I can do around the outside perimeter of the house? Is water more likely coming in through the block or by hydrostatic pressure?
  10. hondatech

Crawl space dilema

I have a rancher style house with a crawlspace. I live in Maryland right off of the Chesapeake bay. I have a high water table and my soil is practically clay. That being said, I have a trench around the perimeter inside my crawl space. I have no sump pump. The trench isn't graded so that water...
  11. hondatech

Need help with repair

Well I did it a couple of hours ago. I must say I like the sharkbites. It was a sinch. I got everything hooked up and no leaks! Thank you for your help.
  12. hondatech

Need help with repair

Heres what I've decided to do. The compression t fitting Im going to remove and replace with a sharkbite t fitting. Then I bought cpvc to go up to a valve for faucet supply and cpvc to another valve for dishwasher supply. The valves I bought are for cpvc which are cemented to the pipes as you...
  13. hondatech

Qest piping q&a

That tool and clamp is very similar to one that is used on cv boot clamps. Yes that is very easy for a diy'er. Thanks im gonna save this for future reference.
  14. hondatech

Need help with repair

I am up for doing whatever I need to fix my problem sweating or pex all short of replacing all of our pipes for now. The copper T that is in the pic can I eliminate the qest all together and tie in with pex or even steel braided lines?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks