Recent content by homermandy

1. homermandy

Help..Broken micro-switch tab, twice

Update Ok, the 2nd broken switch was actually a repaired switch with epoxy after it broke. Remember I bought this switch after the 1st broke, installed it BEFORE I got the rotor seal kit, and it broke. So, I installed the new one I just got and it ran the complete cycle last night...so the...
  2. homermandy

Yes, cam is turning the correct clockwise way. both broke the same way. I understand the design, the tapered groove which should slowly press the switch down, but i am at a loss.
  3. homermandy

Basically same setup and switch as in the pics in this link... https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?34240-Kenmore-water-softner-Water-going-in-drain-pipe-continuously
  4. homermandy

i replaced with the exact same switch. Here is the pic. I just got my entire seal kit, replaced rotor seal and orings like stated in earlier post, put new switch on, it made it a few clicks then BROKE again. I know my old switch did not have the tab. I am stumped..... Something caused the...
  5. homermandy

Thanks for the quick reply... I am confused, what does the rotor seal do? How would that affect the switch breaking? Thanks......
  6. homermandy

My Kenmore softener was consistently running. After looking, I noticed the white tab on the microswitch had broken off. I ordered a new one, installed, and the white tab broke off right away. I was able to epoxy the outer shell back so the switch is fine, but before I reinstall it, I wanted...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks