Recent content by homer777

1. homer777

Power inlet fro xfr switch

Once again, thanks. One more question. To make this exterior power inlet water tight, would I put some type of gasket between the back of the power inlet and the male adapter or between the inside of box and the locknut? Thanks again.
  2. homer777

This is the male adapter that I will get. Steel locknuts fit sch 40 fittings like this? Not sure what you meant about a bushing. Would you thread that on the male adapt. after the steel locknut? Thanks again..
  3. homer777

When putting cable into a metal box, you use a cable clamp. Is anything needed when putting sched 40 into the back of the power inlet (there will four 10ga wires) ?...also my xfr switch has what I think is liquid tight that houses the wires that are to go into my electrical panel....is anything...
  4. homer777

Thanks Furd, I like the idea of cutting the siding, but I'd rather not mess with the vinyl. I think I might use one of the mounting blocks that are used on vinyl. I already bought all the sch 40 pipe, so I'm looking for the proper connector for sch 40. Thanks, Home
  5. homer777

I thought there might be some type of height requirement because of snow, etc.... I d like to mount it at least 24". That pull elbow I mentioned will not be in the wall, it will be on the garage side of the wall. Thanks, Homer
  6. homer777

Hi, I didnt get around to putting in the xfr switch last year, so let’s see if I can get it done. A couple of quick questions, maybe more later. (I got the pic online and is just for reference.) My switch will be 30 away and I will be using 4 #10 thhn in sch 40. 1. What height...
  7. homer777

cloudy glasses out of the dishwasher

I had a cloudy glass problem, It was when i switched to Earth dish powder. I had to clean the glass with CLR to get of the residue.
  8. homer777

Exterior 30a power inlet

..i was going to put in two access points.... thanks
  9. homer777

Exterior 30a power inlet

Thats what I heard.... ...any other ideas..... Thanks again
  10. homer777

Exterior 30a power inlet

Thanks... Actually have 450 degrees of bends.....five 90's to be exact...(90 to go up the wall between the garage doors, 90 at the ceiling to go down the center of the garage ,a 90 2/3 the way down the center of the garage to turn it towards the panel, 90 at the ceiling to turn it down the...
  11. homer777

Exterior 30a power inlet

Yes, it has a couple of knock outs and the outlet is on the bottom.
  12. homer777

Exterior 30a power inlet

Yes, it is an official 30a exterior power inlet by GenTran...... I have been looking online and have comeup with this.... Inlet box -> LiquidTight 3/4 connector -> 3/4 LT NM conduit (just enough to get me in the 6" wall and up about 6" and then transition to sch 40 with a coupling...
  13. homer777

Exterior 30a power inlet

Hello, Basic question, but I dont know the correct answer. I am putting in a transfer switch. I am using 3/4" sch40 conduit from the exterior power inlet to the transfer switch....and pulling in 4 #10 stranded. My question is how to attach (what fittings, etc) the sch 40 to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks