Recent content by HomeownerJ

1. HomeownerJ

Water draining through vent resulting in leak

Reach4, thanks for the info. Great suggestions. Oddly enough when I turn the sink on I can actually see water dripping out of the PVC connection in that picture I posted which is above the drain. (The pics upside down). To your point, I think the joint was in bad shape. Looks like they used...
  2. HomeownerJ

Reach4, I see water dripping down from the PVC connector. This is notated on the diagram above where it reads “water leaking from PVC connector”. Not sure I can add anymore clarity there. Also, there is a picture above of the actual connection of where it’s leaking from. Thanks, J
  3. HomeownerJ

Here’s an updated picture illustrating the wet vent situation I’m dealing with. If we are using the water downstairs while the sink is on upstairs, could this be enough force to create a syphon in the vent pulling water up the vent drain? From what I’ve learned from this forum, wet vents are...
  4. HomeownerJ

So if water’s not leaking through the boot on the roof, and all fixtures using water are below the leak, how would water be making it up that vent pipe and down the vent stack?
  5. HomeownerJ

So I’m pretty sure I figured out what’s going on. If you look at the diagram I put together, I noticed today that the horizontal drain line connecting the sink to the main stack doesn’t exist. I couldn’t tell because of all of the insulation but the second floor sink drain connects to the...
  6. HomeownerJ

Water flows up vent stack, rather than out waste pipe (kitchen sink)

Hi there, did you ever figure this out? Ran in to a similar issue where sink water seems to be draining up 24 inches, left 3 feet and down the side of my vent stack. Oddly enough my sink isn’t backing up with water. Posted something last night about it and just found this post. Some good...
  7. HomeownerJ

*correction - leak is on main stack two inches below drain vent branch and well above sink drain branch
  8. HomeownerJ

MKS, appreciate the feedback. Originally thought the same. Went in to the attic thinking perhaps the boot seal around the vent had cracked but bone dry in the attic. Went up again during heavy rain. Still nothing. Removed the medicine cabinet in the bathroom and ran the sink faucet to find...
  9. HomeownerJ

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks