Recent content by home repair

1. home repair

Repair Kohler Cimarron Flush Valve

I guess this is the first time you have heard of this problem. Well, I found a solution by calling several of the plumbers who work at Home Depot and piecing together the clues. Since I couldn't remove the stop, or even turn it, I found an alternate solution. Here it is: Turn off water supply...
  2. home repair

Flapper Leaks but...

...my toilet doesn't have a flapper. It is a Kohler with a cylinder which moves up and down with each flush and refill cycle. At the bottom of the cylinder is a round seal made of rubber about 3 inches in diameter which acts like the flapper...and it leaks. I just can't figure out how to...
  3. home repair

Repair Kohler Cimarron Flush Valve

Need help on replacing the flat seal #1059291. Instructions say to rotate the stop a quarter turn counterclockwise to unlock, then pull free. Trouble is the stop on my toilet won't rotate, so I can't pull it free. The result is that I can't remove the cylindrical canister to replace the seal...
  4. home repair

Kohler Cimarron Seal Repair

Any advice on how to remove the stop from the guide in order to replace the seal #1059291 for the canister flush valve? Mine won't move.
  5. home repair

Replacing flat seal in Kohler Cimarron

I am trying to replace a flat seal #1059291 at the bottom of the canister flush valve. The instructions say to remove the stop by rotating it a quarter turn counterclockwise to unlock, then pull free. My problem is that the stop won't rotate or pull free, and I am afraid of breaking the guide...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks