Recent content by Home Girl

1. Home Girl

Bathtub drain - relocating

I am replacing an old soaker tub with a standard tub but find that the location of the drain in my slab floor will not match up with the new tub. Since I have never done this kind of plumbing before, I am unsure about relocating the drain myself. How difficult is that for a diy novice? Would...
  2. Home Girl

Drain size for tub/shower combination

I am reading that the tub drain should be 1 1/2" while a shower drain should be 2". If a tub/shower combo is installed, can a standard tub drain be used, or does that require a larger shower drain?
  3. Home Girl

Converting tub/shower to just a shower

I have a large soaker tub from the 70's with wide sides and a deep tub. I need to convert this to a standard shower for handicap access (the current tub presents a safety concern with getting in and out of it). The house foundation is concrete slab and I have already located a supplier for a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks