Recent content by Hip2u77

1. Hip2u77

Removing Galvanized from Cast Iron . . . What are my odds of success?

Thanks for the replies. A friend had a tap which bit into the broke off piece and I was able to easily spin it out with the tap. The threads looked really good. I've got a temp setup in there now with a p-trap to block the odors and check for leaks. The weird thing is, last night it seemed...
  2. Hip2u77

Removing Galvanized from Cast Iron . . . What are my odds of success?

Update: I got impatient and grabbed my 24" pipe wrench and it started unscrewing before I could even lean into it. Of course, a very small part of the thread either broke or rusted away. I was able to get a male adapter to start and turn maybe 3/4 - 1 full turn. I would assume I need to...
  3. Hip2u77

90,000 BTU's for 900 sq ft Too big???

I'm in the process of getting bids for a new condenser, furnace and humidifier after my 21-year-old compressor shorted to ground. I've got a 1958 ranch house in Kansas City. Around 900 sq ft. of conditioned space with an unfinished basement. Per my choice I was going to have company "A"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks