Recent content by highpeakscontracting

1. H

To Replace Cast Iron or Not to Replace That is the Question

Depends what you consider skilled. I'm NO master plumber, but I've done about 25 bathrooms over the past 10 years or so. I've just never had to work with CI that much except for a lead toilet bend replacement or a saddle. Why do you ask?
  2. H

To Replace Cast Iron or Not to Replace That is the Question

So here is my problem. As you can see from the photos, my existing stack is cast iron. I need to tie a new 4" branch into from a new bathroom. My problem is that the new branch is lower than the current 4" PVC branch from the old bathroom. So I can't tie into the old hub. The old vertical...
  3. H

Help with horizonal drain run

So here is my new layout idea. Main branch 3". Each fixture on its own branch attaching to main with WYE. Added WYE COMBOs rolled to 45 on each branch to pickup the vents Does this look better?
  4. H

So you would move the vent WYE from upstream of the trap and place it between the trap arm and the main WYE. COuld I come off the main WYE with a 45 bend, then the vent WYE rolled to 45 then the trap arm?
  5. H

I saw this diagram in a book and it was confusing. Not only did it vent using Santees, is vented 90 degrees then up. So getting back to my layout. I tested rolling the WYES for venting, and they will work. Are the WYES for the discharge OK to use with a side-entry like shown? Does...
  6. H

I adding a new master bath to my first floor. I've attached photos of my pipe layout. Can you please comment on them. I attached two versions. One usings WYE's for venting and the othe using san-tees. Everything that I've read said santees on their back are no-no's. That's why I thought...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks